Some Storm on the Bay Today

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
Monday, 12 May 2008...

Just got back from a quick trip to Breezy Point Marina, or at least as close as I could get. The flat part of the road just in front of the marina entrance is covered by at least two feet of water, and there is a foot of water at least around and behind the cottages across the road from the public beach.

At the moment, the wind seems to be blowing 25-30 knots, the trees are shaking, there are some down in the streets, and there are at least five to six foot waves with breakers out on the Bay.

Driving rain, too.

Didn't see anyone out trolling for stripers, though. Probably a better day to troll for strippers.

Stay dry.

I wish there was a little more daylight before I left for work this morning so I could taken a photo... I have never seen so much standing water in the trees behind my house as I saw this morning! :shock:

Went down to check the boat about 0545 and there were lots of tree limbs down on the roadway.
The boat was fine, but the water level in my creek was within inches of putting the docks awash, and all the boats were riding high on their lines.

Sounded like a hurricane last night with the wind and rain that just went on, and on, and on...!

Docks at the marina were under water this afternoon. My service station is a couple of blocks off the bay beach. This afternoon we noticed something white blowing by the building at about 25mph. On closer examination, turned out it was foam churned up from the waves on the beach!

After reading of this here on CP and some other stories on TidalFish.com, I decided to leave work early and go to Solomons to check my ride. All was A-OK. Looked like Solomons was spared the harshest winds...most of the downed trees were between Upper Marlboro and Pr. Fredrick.

Dave

aka

Back