Some updates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenwood, Indiana & Charlotte Harbor, Florida
Updating or adding better Attwood battery trays, new bilge pump, replace forward bilge pump hose, replace aft circuit breaker, remove out dated solar panels , shorten battery cables to motor, replace all battery terminals and wiring after buying new tires for the Suburban. Will spend the day dejunking unused items, wiring, other unneeded items then add these items and replace wires to windlass and connect to start battery. Probably will add battery charger and replace switch breaker panel soon. Unbundle wires first and remove the junk. Plan to ship guages out for repairs. New ones are pricey.
5569c528b741badc86c1b65b48bc5e4b.jpg
b8a077356cfe2bd18d6b8216b7c2bac4.jpg
9918a6255cb5db9cdd071e299a23a191.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks good, I have a Bep cluster I’m waiting to install. I’m making recessed mount under the rear transom hatches. I ordered a sheet of 1/2” Seafoam to match. But it’s been back ordered over a month from my distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. We spent 5 hours dejunking then installed Attwood battery trays, BEP cluster, negative bus bar. Tomorrow shorten motor cables, make new battery cables, add battery charger, install circuit breaker, more wire tracing then either replace all helm switches or make a new panel. Get all wires raised high in.bilge

Anyone have pics of their switch panels?

I like the new switch designs better.

Then add 2 golf cart batteries and charger for over night outings. Order Digital antennae and blue seas cable clam. Install inverter. Rewire MFD and radio connections. Remove Yamaha guages and get bilge pumps working. Rewire windlass to battery.

Mr Chase credit card is getting a work out

I ordered Sea Foam piece from Boat Outfitters

Brent":2f0lcunq said:
Nice. We spent 5 hours dejunking then installed Attwood battery trays, BEP cluster, negative bus bar. Tomorrow shorten motor cables, make new battery cables, add battery charger, install circuit breaker, more wire tracing then either replace all helm switches or make a new panel. Get all wires raised high in.bilge

I just did the same thing cleaning up and throwing out all the old wiring.

The photo fannin posted is mine when I first installed them. It worked good but I have since made a third transom hatch dedicated for the battery switches. I have the volt meters that are wired to come once the switched is closed. They were pretty inexpensive if I remember correctly.

blfuller123":2hymmdzz said:
Brent":2hymmdzz said:

I just did the same thing cleaning up and throwing out all the old wiring.

The photo fannin posted is mine when I first installed them. It worked good but I have since made a third transom hatch dedicated for the battery switches. I have the volt meters that are wired to come once the switched is closed. They were pretty inexpensive if I remember correctly.

Any pictures of your new setup?

Switch panel wiring is ok but need all new switches.

Added Blue Sea Systems MRBF Surface and Terminal Mount Fuse Blocks to battery

Added battery terminal fuse
https://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/battery_fusing

Spent 3 hours tracing wires to helm
Most were left in place and abandoned.

Geez

Wires to windlass, washout pump, fresh water pump, , former solar panel bank batteries and associated wires, vhf radio, Garmin, windlass, main wires from aft to helm --- all SAE grade and under size!!!! All pulled out. Many of the terminals were crimped with automotive crimper. Found a piece of lamp wire , too !!!

Is the coax cable for a Digital brand antenna easier to replace if cable is damaged? I have Shakespeare XT antenna but coax cable is sun rotten. I dont think it made to replace cable.

290d4f3824f8b69973dd4614e647b2c8.jpg
d815f046130206ff15c155227df24f51.jpg

Nothing fancy but I replaced all my switches with Blue Seas switches. If I had the budget I would have loved to have used their lighted push button model

fannin":3tkxunaw said:
Looks good, I have a Bep cluster I’m waiting to install. I’m making recessed mount under the rear transom hatches. I ordered a sheet of 1/2” Seafoam to match. But it’s been back ordered over a month from my distributor.

Fannin, try Jamestown Distributors.

albiejunkie":1hqk8ndd said:
fannin":1hqk8ndd said:

Fannin, try Jamestown Distributors.

I have a wholesaler so it’s about half of what the others are selling it for. I can wait 2 more weeks to save a hundred or more.

Currently I do not plan on installing boots but they do have them available. Let me dig up a link for the switches

https://www.bluesea.com/products/4150/W ... T_-_ON-OFF

Do a search by product part number to find the best pricing online. The boots are available for these switches as well. Blue seas products are very good quality and their website is very good. They have multiple styles of switches for any application you will need.

Back