Southern Hospitality Grouperjim style.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In Agreement

Reaction score
I recently had the privilege to meet Grouperjim and experience some time aboard his immaculate 2320.

I came down from Ky. on a family springbreak/aniversary/vacation and we hooked up on Monday to just cruise the intercoastal and check out his recent addition of a new sounder. Water out in the Gulf was to rough to comfortably fish. We cruised the intercoastal a while down by TheOtherLine's home port and I got to see the pimped out tinted windows first hand. :) We headed out into the Gulf by Sand Key/St. Pete Beach to check the water conditions and turned North toward John's Pass inlet, came inside to intercoastal and continued North to a local spot for lunch at the Pub. Had a good lunch and got to talk and learn alittle about each other. After lunch, we headed further North to Clearwater and back out into the Gulf through Clearwater Pass. I got the privilege to drive his boat and get the feel of it on the run back South to John's Pass and back to the landing to finish out the day.

Decide to try fishing on Wednesday as the forecast was for the wind to lay and a calmer sea, but much like here at home the weather folks didn't get it right and the wind and seas continued to build throughout the day. We did get to wet a line though so all was not lost. After a quick lesson on bait catching, exciting them to bite with different offering of bait, we did manage to catch fish and being home court advantage, Grouperjim out fished me. All in all, I still had a great time on the water and getting to know someone from this site.

Jim, I appreciated the hospitality extended to me by you and the time you spent with me. As I told you when we parted Wed. evening you have a open invite for fishing in SC if you ever want a change of pace.

Thanks again,
John

P.S. Would of had this posted sooner but hard drive died Monday and just now got PC back up and running. All was lost on my c drive unless someone out there knows how to recover it. Tried all the fixes through Windows and Dos to no avail. :evil:

Glad you guys made it back OK. Enjoyed the time on the water and meeting your family.

As far as fishing goes, it's amazing what NO BANANAS will do for luck. Have not been out since then......the wind has been howling since you left. 8)

Take Care, Jim

In Agreement":t0m80vyr said:
P.S. Would of had this posted sooner but hard drive died Monday and just now got PC back up and running. All was lost on my c drive unless someone out there knows how to recover it. Tried all the fixes through Windows and Dos to no avail. :evil:

Try this: put the hard drive into a ziploc bag and place in the freezer overnite. Set the drive as "slave" and install as a second drive. Without the load of having to boot it should spin up and you may be able to recover your data.
Ive used this trick many times in the past and it works more often than not.

goinsfishin":1ic5b7gc said:
In Agreement":1ic5b7gc said:

Try this: put the hard drive into a ziploc bag and place in the freezer overnite. Set the drive as "slave" and install as a second drive. Without the load of having to boot it should spin up and you may be able to recover your data.
Ive used this trick many times in the past and it works more often than not.

Now that is one I've never heard before!
Only on ClassicParker! :D

Try this.....
Attach a 30' length of galvanized chain with appropriate length rode firmly to the PC. Place it in your anchor locker. Run down to the nearest Apple store. Purchase the computer of your choice. :eek:

Just kidding...not trying to stir up the computer geeks.

WhalinDave":d900fv7m said:
Try this.....
Attach a 30' length of galvanized chain with appropriate length rode firmly to the PC. Place it in your anchor locker. Run down to the nearest Apple store. Purchase the computer of your choice. :eek:

Word! :D

.....and i laugh as I type this on my flawless MacBook Pro. PCs do make good paperweights or anchors in this case.

grouperjim":kpp6t977 said:
As far as fishing goes, it's amazing what NO BANANAS will do for luck.
Take Care, Jim

I resemble that remark!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I had forgotten John was in town. I hadn't heard from him since we first spoke. Wished you guys would have given me a call! Glad to hear you hooked up and got on some fish.

Back