SouthWest Florida Parker Owners Group Rendevouz

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are still thinking about heading down to the keys, but it's probably about 50%-50% at this point. Ft. Desoto has campsites that you can actually pull your boat up to, but they are probably booked. I've stayed at Shell Key on the boat a few times and I guess inside Bunces Pass is popular for camping. Or if the weather's good maybe an overnight at the middle grounds. Just kind of feel like having a destination, fishing, and drinking a lot of beer.

Macfern":2ythnvkp said:
We are still thinking about heading down to the keys, but it's probably about 50%-50% at this point.

Better call ahead for rooms. If you're going at the same time we were. It's spring break.....

I found a place called Ocean Pointe Suites in Key Largo. The place looks nice, rates are good, and they have rooms available.

I just took another look at the place in Key Largo, looks more like a place I'd stay at with the family. Still looking.

The further away from key west, the better your chances of finding a room.

I feel bad about cancelling the whole deal on you :oops:

"I feel bad about cancelling the whole deal on you"

Don't worry about it, it was a great idea and a great offer with the house - just too bad we couldn't get a big group to attend.

Turns out we are going to Big Pine Key just the same. I made reservations at the camp ground. I don't want to miss the Tampa raft up, but I figure we can do that again. I took the vacation time for the keys and already have my wife's acceptance (best way to describe it), so I'm going. If anyone changes thier mind, there were still a few sites available!!!

Mac:

Have a great time at the camp ground. I stayed there a couple of years ago in a tent in the rustic area. Those Key deer are a trip. Hopefully the winds will stay down.

We'll get together soon on he water.

jim

Thanks Jim,

I know it can be a little windy this time of year, but we'll have a blast regardless. And yes, I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and Larry for some local fishing trips - you both have lots of fish in your post.

Any keys fishing recommendations from locals would be great.

Macfern":4dlx9fti said:
I just took another look at the place in Key Largo, looks more like a place I'd stay at with the family. Still looking.

Key Largo is good. Not to0 far from Miami. More of a family place.

We are located in Jensen Beach and would be interested in a raft-up. We have a Parker 25. It would seem like near Lake O for a west and east coast group. Let us know.

Old thread, but I would be interested in meeting up with any other Parker owners over here in the Tampa Bay area.

I am up for a Florida Parker meeting. I will bring my 2120

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 572
  • grouper1.jpg
    grouper1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 572
  • parkerfishing.jpg
    parkerfishing.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 572
we have a 2530 parker and would be interested in a get together,however we are located in the northwest panhandle panacea-carrabelle there are quite a few parker pilot houses in this area and seems to be growing

Hey, i am in on a possible rendezvous. We bought our Parker 2520 Sport Cabin about 6 months ago after many smaller boats. We didn't realize what these boats were about until we went from Naples to Islamorada and slept and dove off the boat for 3 days. Now i just stare out my office window wanting to get back out.
Thanks
Chris

Back