Speaker location 2520XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiprec13

Reaction score
Ok my first real project is adding a stereo and speakers to the "Stuff It". I've ordered a Fusion IP600 and it comes with 2 Fusion 6" speakers. I'm wondering where the best place to mount these would be? I've used the search and have seen where people used the Poly box speakers under the gunnel. I'm wondering if I could flush mount these on the panel under the step to either side of the Pilothouse? Has anybody done this yet? Is there anything behind there? I know the starboard side had the throttle and battery cables running through or below there somewhere. Ultimately I plan on having two zones, Deck and Pilothouse. No need for a third in the birth as thats mainly used for storage. That and I figure any music in the pilothouse would be heard below any way.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

I have speakers mounted in the steps and they are about to be replaced with new ones. Just got the new ones last week and hopefully they'll be installed within a few weeks. I don't know how long they've been there as I've only had the boat a few years. The 2 pictures were recently taken during the fuel tank replacement. Hope they help.

Troy

Attachments

• 5-22-2012-10.JPG
    5-22-2012-10.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 5-24-2012-1.jpg
    5-24-2012-1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 151
Thanks for the pics Troy. My layout is a little different. On my boat there is a flat panel under the gunnel where the steps are. I'll get some pics this weekend when I get back to the boat.

Well I ended up putting the speakers in the pilothouse. I mounted them on the front of the jump seat storage box. The panel I was looking to mount them in on the deck was clear on the starboard but port had the fuel fill hose there in its own fiberglass channel. No dice.
The sound is great but next will be a pair of box speakers mounted on the pilothouse ( thinking mounted under the overhang) for the deck.
I had just enough room to mount the stereo in the cabin under the electric panel.

Here is what we used in the cockpit. Dont even see them and they sound great.

Polyplanar MA800's 7.5 X 5 inch box speakers

Attachments

• Speaker Port Cockpit (Small).jpg
    Speaker Port Cockpit (Small).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Speaker Starboard (Small).jpg
    Speaker Starboard (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 106
Well after seeing the speakers yesterday (Fusion box speakers) I din't relize just how BIG they would be. I'm thinking under the gunnel is where they will hide best.
From your pics it looks like mounting the brackets to the under side of the gunnel is no problem as far as thickness? I think it came with 1 1/4 inch screws to mount them.

You will need shorter screws. If you want to be sure take out a rod holder and measure the thickness then get the right length screw. I think we used 3/4 inch

Back