Speargun Rack addition

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Jim

Reaction score
Well, I got past drilling the first couple holes in my new girl when adding side/bottom scan transducer, so these next couple holes weren't as painful. This gun rack keeps a small deck a little less cluttered. Every bit helps and needs to be thought out down to the inch.

Attachments

• Rack2.jpg
    Rack2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Rack3.jpg
    Rack3.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Rack4.jpg
    Rack4.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 273
  • Rack1.jpg
    Rack1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 273
Actually I have a problem with the speargun rack.

A pitching boat and spears pointing UP , right at the level with your chest or on the level with a 8yr old's eyes.

warthog5":3em3juqg said:
Actually I have a problem with the speargun rack.

A pitching boat and spears pointing UP , right at the level with your chest or on the level with a 8yr old's eyes.
Safety is always a concern on a dive boat, at least mine.

1) The spear shafts ar 4 feet long, and sit up closer to 5 feet off the deck.

2) The angle the guns are on may not be apparrent in the pics, but the tips lean outward slightly, over the gunwale.

3) If you zoom in you may see blunt plastic tip protectors (orange) placed on the shaft tip.

4) On dive trips I dont take along children, even if they were 5 feet tall. Also, loaded guns are not allowed on my boat. Loaded in water.

As I mentioned, safety is a big concern, and most spearos agree that on a pitching boat, maintaining guns in a predictable and stable vertical position with bungees is far safer than scattered around the cockpit.

We all can tweak our safety routines, and I gladly share and accept valid suggestions.

pacificpunisher":f8x5fac7 said:
Nice rack and guns. Is that hybrid from Jason at impaler?
Thanks. No, it's made by Daryl Wong out in Hawaii, but yes it is a hybrid. It is his "Nor'Easter" model, designed around our less than optimal at times visibility here in the north east. The other one is just a "guest" gun, or to be used when in need of a spare. It is from Mako Spearguns in Va. It sounds as if you may own one or two yourself.

Back