Spider Repellant & Dri-Dek Flooring

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireman

Reaction score
Anyone use or know of a product that keeps spiders away?

Like many marinas, mine has a large number of web creating spiders because of the bugs. I try to keep the boat as clean as possible, but the spiders make this frustrating. Anything that might work would be worth trying.

Also, anyone have any good pictures of Dri-Dek that's been laid down on your floors? I'm looking at putting this on the floor in the cabin but I'd like to see some pictures first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Spiders and waterfront go hand in hand, its just some thing most people just learn to live with. But I'm with you I don't care for them around the boat, pier and house, and at my house I will get over run unless I do something about it. I live on the water and the only way to keep them down is do what I call, a night spider patrol. I do it once every week or two. As soon as the sun goes down and it starts to get dark then they come out and make easy targets. That would be the best time to visit the boat and surrounding pier. If you find spider repellant please let me know, until then its regular spider patrols with a can of spider killer spray and a flash light, Camo and face paint optional. Hope this helps, Mike

Fireman":37tk3kxc said:
Also, anyone have any good pictures of Dri-Dek that's been laid down on your floors? I'm looking at putting this on the floor in the cabin but I'd like to see some pictures first.
Use the search feature, my man!

But, here's just one post about Dri-Dek ... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8517

Thanks for the replies.

I saw that spider repellant but wasn't sure if it was worth buying. Was hoping someone might have used something they knew really worked well. I guess I'll give it a shot as well as the night stalker technique.

Also, thanks for the link Dale. I've been using the search looking for pics and have found a couple, but somehow I completely missed that post with those pics.

My 2320 Dri-Dek

Attachments

• dri-deck finished 1 copy.jpg
    dri-deck finished 1 copy.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 182
  • dri-deck finished 2 copy.jpg
    dri-deck finished 2 copy.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 182
  • dri-dek finished 4 copy.jpg
    dri-dek finished 4 copy.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 182
Back