Splash guard bait tank on new 2120 sc

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Burns":1a0pmpuu said:
I do not have a 2nd steering station and am undecided whether to add it

My boat did not have the 2nd station when I bought it, so mine was added later.
Because of that, when I added mine, I was able to position it further aft than where the factory mounts theirs to make it easier for me when trolling.
(see the photos below)
I also reversed the position of the steering and motor controls which I find to be more comfortable when I'm driving while sitting on the washboard, and while docking.

Not sure if you can specify any of this if ordering new, but you most certainly can if you adding a second station later.
Now that I have had the rear station for the past 10 years, I would never own another Parker without one.
Check out the photos and see if any of this appeals to you.

Attachments

• 01 rear station.jpg
    01 rear station.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 404
  • 02 rear station.jpg
    02 rear station.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 404
  • 03 rear station.jpg
    03 rear station.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 404
I like your mid cockpit station on you big 25 Kevin. But on a 2120 with the much smaller copit, I think the bulkhead mounted station is the way to go. The cabin top on the 2120's are lower too so the sight lines are not as much of an issue. Mostly though, I like them just for the minimal space they take up on the bulk head and its a bit of a dead space area on the 2120. Open deck and gunnel space are premium on the smaller 2120's. JMO.

I don't think Parker would let you move it even if ordering new. They don't like to upset the apple cart. I tried to get them to factory install another set of rod holders and the denied it. I can always add that second station as I get some more $$.

A bulkhead mounted station wasn't an option for me shawnee83, because as you can see... I don't have a bulkhead. :)
But I get what you're saying. :wink:

I like how yours is set up, thats how i originally was thinking i was gonna go till i realized that it would just take up to much vital area set up that way which im gonna need....if i had your boat that is the way i would go for sure though

Yea Kevin, I was just saying, or not do clearly saying, how I see them on the 2120's both ways but for them I think the bulk head is the way to go for space savings. On your 25 even with a bulkhead it's probably better mid cockpit/deck? :D

I have one for sale right now . 2nd helm lowrance hds , and ill throw the bait well in . I just run it off the wash down pump . Its for sale on here with pic .2008 2120

shawnee83":2rzh3vt0 said:
I see them on the 2120's both ways but for them I think the bulk head is the way to go for space savings. On your 25 even with a bulkhead it's probably better mid cockpit/deck? :D

Correct, and correct. :D

I have a 2120 open transom and have removed the splash guard. It only takes up valuable deck space. The other thing i can tell you that i am glad to have a portable live well. I only need it half of the season and do not want to have it taking up deck space. As far as water getting in from the open transom this is not any kind of a problem. On days when you might get a little on the deck your girlfriend would not want to be out there anyway.

My suggestion get a second station and save your money also a bow pulpit is the way to go.

Good Luck,
" Bean "
Anyone interested in selling their splash guard for a 2120?

Back