Spring Chesapeake Charter Recomendation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman

Reaction score
In mid May I will begin my annual migration north from SW Florida to the Adirondack stopping to visit my son and his family who live just south of DC in Lorton Virginia. As a Christmas gift I thought I might line up a fishing Charter on the Chesapeake for the two of us. Annapolis is about a hour away so something out of that area would be convenient. Anyone have any recommendations. It would have to be a split charter if on a larger boat or a small charter boat. Thanks in advance.

Snowman

Deale, MD is close to Lorton. I live in Alexandria and I fish out of Deale. There's a captain in Deale named Wayne Morgan on the Frayed Knot. It's a 25 ft. Parker. His web site is frayedknotfishing.com, p# 202-438-2403. If it's just going to be the two of you that would be a good choice. Wayne is a great guy and a good fisherman. He loves to teach anglers and put you on fish. If there are going to be more than 4 anglers you will want a larger boat. I can recommend a captain out of Chesapeake Beach if you need one. I hope that works out for you and I might see you then...I'll be fishing.

Capt Wayne Morgan is a great guide (and he looks a lot like Santa)!
You will definitely catch fish with him on the Frayed Knot. :wink:

Wayne Morgan is a great choice. He runs a "working charter" where he will let you do it all in order to teach you how to fish for trophies. I cannot recommend him high enough.

If you want a large boat "north" of the bridge, then I would suggest Capt. George Bentz on the "Drizzle Bar". Just Google Drizzle Bar charters.

You can't go wrong with either.

Good luck!!

Also In Deale is the Backdraft 301-752-3535.Captain likes when the party gets involved.Hes a great guy

Back