Springfield Captains chair bushing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheOtherLine":37yhriu5 said:
OR, are you referring to the black plastic sleeve that goes over the spider post? You can find that at Cascade also.

Glad you found them. That is what I thought you meant.

This post reminded me of a problem that I have. Unfortunately, I keep
forgetting how much help you guys can be on this forum. I have a 2005 2310WA. There are several things that I'd like to understand with
regard to my pedestal seats. I only have 2 because I deleted the 2 rear facing seats when I ordered the boat. The seat slide bases that I have
have 2 black knob screw type tighteners and one lever for front back adj.
The new Parker seat slide bases have only one black screw tightener adjustment, plus of course the front back lever. Why do my seat bases need two tighteners and the new ones only need one tightener? Is
this a different manufacturer? Second, my black plastic bushings at the top of the pedestal pipe keep wearing out. At first, Parker dealers stocked them. Now they don't. There were two versions of the black plastic bushing, one was 1/2 inch longer than the original and didn't fit right. Now Parker supporst a white plastic bushing which also doesn't fit well. Only the original black bushings fit exactly as needed. What choices do I have here? Buy new seat slide bases to accept the new plastic bushings, or is there a place that I can get the original bushings?
I also like the idea of only one tightener adjustment on the new slide bases. If the cost is not prohibitive, am I better off with the new slide bases? Why did Parker change? Ideas, comments, recommendations???

Thanks and Regards, Paul

2005 2310 / F250
Pt Judith Salt Pond
Marina Bay Docking
Wakefield, RI

I'm not sure what you mean by lever lock vs tensioner. My seats have 2 screw type tensioners plus one lever lock for the front to back adjustment. I don't even understand the need for two tensioners as one would seem to work OK. The lever always locked the front to back adj just fine. The new seats just have one tensioner plus the lever.. Are these a different manufacturer? Who manufactures the seat base slides? I don't have any corrosion problem with the seats because the hard top and front / side curtains prevent any salt water from getting to the seat bases. The seats on a CC might get spalshed with salt each time you take it out. As for leaving the seats in one position, that is never done. During any fishing trip, the seats get turned sideways, and back facing front many times. While other people fish, my favorite position is sitting on the port seat with both seats facing each other and my feet up on the other seat muching goodies. I like to watch other people fish more than I fish myself. So the seats are always twisted and turned, which is why they wear out every year. Either I find a
place that I can buy a bunch of the correct ones, or change to the new bases so I can buy the replacements from the dealer.

Regards, Paul

2005 2310 / F250
Pt Judith Salt Pond
Marina Bay Docking
Wakefield, RI

Back