Steering

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vareel

Reaction score
My 2520 is a few years old now so there are a couple of items that need attention. Most importantly is the power steering for the aft station. It was working fine one day then the next time out it quit. When I first tried to turn the wheel I experienced intermittent resistance, then complete failure. The wheel turns freely, but does not turn the motor. I'm hoping for advice on what to check for. A more minor issue is the switch panel. One of the power-on, indicator lights, behind the rocker switch is out. Do I have to remove the whole switch panel to get at that bulb? Advice will be very much appreciated.

What kind of steering do you have?? What Power for the boat?

I assume I/O. If thats the case, I have no idea.

If Seastar, we can help, plenty of past posts on that.

The boat is powered by a single Y-250. I'm not sure of the steering. It's an '09 with the aft station being a factory option. So it would be what ever Parker uses as standard. I do not have any owner's manuals for the steering...not in the package I got from the dealer. I hope his helps. Thanks.

It must be sea star then, im sure someone on here can hel you out, i have the manual to my system however i do not have the second station.

OK, so its not Power Steering, its Hydraulic. Most Likely Seastar.

Did you check the fluid level?? (Little cap on the helm)

Checked the fluid level. It was good. Replaced the cap and the steering worked fine. Ghosts? Moving on to the switch indicator light now.

Back