Structure Scan Transducer Location on DV Hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat

Reaction score
Hi,

Searched all the transducer posts, but couldn't find anything about LSS-1 (structure scan) mounting.

Was wondering if anyone has put the LSS-1 type transducer on the keel of the DV hull? Location and performance experience?

I have seen transom mount, but was hoping for better performance w/ a thru hull on the keel.

I await the responses also. I just got the HDS-10 and have a SS on order. I have a 21SE and would like to go through hull also but economics may dictate transom mount.

Has anyone done the transom mount with success?

I'm surprised no one has installed LSS-1, seems like lots of folks have HDS now.

I am having HDS 10 installed with the455/800 high speed thru-hull along with the 1K tilted for the FF, picking it up saturday and hope to be on the water right after. will let you know my take on it.

Update:

Don't have pics yet, but I added ss264w 200 khz and LSS-1 bronze thru-hull transducers to my 21dvcc and both have incredible images.

The ss264w is way better than the B164 I've been using previously. Better rez and coverage area at the same time.

The thru hull LSS-1 ducer I put on the flat portion of the hull just in front of the stock bilge pump location.

I'd recommend adding both of these features if you are on the fence about it.

Went out of the harbor and looked at a wreck in 90 ft of water. Amazing detail. Seemed to work at 10 kts as well which was a surprise.

Also, marked a number of bait balls off to the side that the up/down didn't mark.

Best feature was seeing a bait ball on the ss264w and seeing individual size of fish on the LSS. Rez is like nothing seen before on our standard ducer.

Held out a long time on this purchase, but clearly worth it. It's under $500 now.

Wish they had one that looked forward.

would like to see pics of install.

Will be adding the structure scan this spring and will most likely be doing the transom mount ducer. If anyone can post pics that would be great.

would like to see pics of install.

Will be adding the structure scan this spring and will most likely be doing the transom mount ducer. If anyone can post pics that would be great.

boatlssstructure.jpg

This is how I mounted my LSS and Tranducers !" Starboard

Back