Stuck in mud

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Management

Reaction score
Over the weekend I found myself stuck in some low water. I believe I sucked a good amount of mud in the lower intake by the time I was able to free myself. I went into some deep water and let the engine idle for about 30 minutes in hope of cleaning it out. It appeared to pee strong and run fine but when I turned off the engine and went to hook up fresh water to the flush hose very hot water came out the hose. I hook up fresh water and left it for another 30 minutes. Everything seemed to run fine but I don't ever remember that hot of water coming out of the flush hose before. I had no alarm sound and no other problems that I could see. I change out the stats and water pump in the spring. Should I have any concerns at this point?
Thanks in advance,
George

Doesn't sound like it, but you could remove the t-stats and flush water in there to make sure whateve mud got in has been flushed away ...

To TEST your overheat alarm, get a 6" piece of wire, stripped 3/8" on each end. Find the PINK sensor wire at the top of each cylinder bank and carefully pull-apart the connector. Push one end of that wire into the end coming from the harness (away from the motor) and then put the key to ON but do not start. Touch the other end of that short wire to the block and you should hear the warning beep.

The water would have to have been continuously > 180 degrees F (I believe for Yummies) for the alarm to trigger. The sensors themselves rarely fail, if ever ... can't remember if I ever heard of 1 from any OB failing ...

don't know if you did any damage or not. based on your report, i would say not. however in FL (moderate temps), the f250 will pee warm water while being flushed, even after a few hrs of being shut down.

Had the same thing happen to my 250HPDI. Performed the same proceedures as Dale outlined. Then ran Yammie diagnostics(YDS) and it did not indicate an overheat condition had occured. You are probably going to be OK. Might want to consider your situation when thinking about whether you are going to service water pump impeller.

Hotrod,
You are right about that. I slip in Lanoka Harbor and never had any kind of problem before. There is no real channel to get into the marina but I always use the same route in and never had a problem. I was coming in after dark last night and was more concerned with looking for the sticks than looking at the GPS.

Back