Sunday 6-5-11 - Charleston

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray duck

Reaction score
Sunday 6/5/2011

Crew: Lonnie Morris, Richie Marchell, Jason, and myself

We were going to go out on Sat for Papa Don's first trip of the year but the NE wind prediction made us change for Sunday. We left the dock at 3:30 and immediately noticed the ripples in the creek. Hmmm. Bumpy ride straight out - took a lil longer for us to get to spot. Had lines in just a litttle after sunrise and first fish - gaffer dolphin - in about 15 min in 160'. Trolled thru again and caught a better size bull that put a hurting on Jason for about 20 min - taking drag out and going deep like a wahoo. We worked for two more dolphin and that was it. Scattered weeds seemed to be the best spots. We went as deep as 275 and the radio reports from out deeper didn't sound great. We had some knockdowns but no losses. Great crew and getting back safe with fish in the box = a great day. Pounding out and pounding back = kidney damage and lost fillings. Hope to pick a calmer day next time.
water temp 81 most of the time. wind SW 16. waves - confused and close together - 2 to 4
100_0190.jpg

Biggest one - 28 lbs
100_0192.jpg

Highlights: not losing a fish, catching 2 on a homemade sea witch (white and blue), catching biggest on a lure I just rigged up the night before - green chugger.
One lowlight: port engine winding up a couple of times on way home - seems like it sucks some air in from the motion and/or the water pickup just infront of the engine - any solutions?
Tight Lines!

Hey Captain those fish look mighty good. I was in Charleston last week and fished a couple of days while down there. We did pretty well, but no Dolphin, which is myI have yet to see any Parkers out on the water...where do fish out of?

Back