Susuki 140 for 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkerner

Reaction score
Was going to repower my 99 1800 eith an Evinrude Etec but that is not going to happen now.
Considering a Susuki 140 now due to its the lightest in its class. Anyone have one on there 180? How does it perform? Any information on this outboard would be appreciated.

That would be a Good move. That motor will make that 18 Jump.

No I don't have a 1801.....No I haven't owned a DF-140A

However....... I've own 2- Df-140's ... 1 Df-70 ..... 1 DF-90A .....& DF-300AP.

I had one on my 99 18 parker. I think it is perfect power for that hull. I went from a carbed yamaha 100hp four stroke. With the 140 the boat jumped right on plane and I found the handling in general to be much better with the larger prop. You would not regret the suzuki. Where are you located?

I'm in Houston, Tx. Fish Galveston Bay. I have a 99 Johnson 115 currently. It runs good and is light at 325 lbs. Boat gets on plane well with 15" x 15 pitch stainless 3 blade prop. Takes 4500 rpm to maintain 25 - 27 mph. WOT at 5500 rpm and 30 - 33 mph depending on conditions.
Would like cruise speed at lower rpm and a little more speed when conditions warrant.
Thanks for all the input. I have done a lot of research and it really seams like a nice motor.

For those speeds I believe I was right around the 4K rpm mark. The motor also never felt like it was working very hard to push that boat. I bet you would notice a smaller fuel bill as compared to your current motor.

dkerner,
did you ever follow through with the Suzuki 140?
My Yamaha has been flawless all these years but I'm itching for something with a little less smoke and noise.
a new DF seems like a good fit.
PnF

Back