Suzuki DF250AP 2023. 1999 2320 no bracket Turning Point 4X15x15

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lablover76

Reaction score
Found my prop. Dealer put on a 3x16x19 and the boat was lugging at 5500 rpms. Now popping out of hole and getting around 5950 with the 4x15x15. Wasnt much room to play with it in the river. Didn't have much time to test trimming it out much. Had 2 people and 87 gal. Will update with new data once I can get in the bay. Saco Maine was pretty nasty this weekend.

Standard...Go To Prop is. 3 X 16 X 17 and has been posted to use that a LOT.

The Standard is.... for every 1in of pitch change your RPM will change by 200RPM. So......With your numbers 3X16X19 @ 5500.. You should see a increase of 400RPM to make your engine hit 5900 which puts it right in the Catbird seat. Also....Bepends on the mounting holes used.

The Standard is.... for every 1in of pitch change your RPM will change by 200RPM. So......With your numbers 3X16X19 @ 5500.. You should see a increase of 400RPM to make your engine hit 5900 which puts it right in the Catbird seat. Also....Bepends on the mounting holes used.

Right! Orignally I was going to get a 3x16x17 but I wanted to get up on plane better. I can still return the 3x16x19 and am debating on getting a 3x16x17 as a spare. I really liked the results of the 4 blade.

Orignally I was going to get a 3x16x17 but I wanted to get up on plane better.

And you went the WRONG way. The 17in pitch will get you on plane Faster than a 19in pitch.

Now popping out of hole and getting around 5950 with the 4x15x15.

You need more test time with THAT prop. It surprises me on your numbers [5950] I would bet the RPM would climb even higher.
By the way that is known as a "Square" prop wen Diameter and pitch match.

4in of pitch should change RPM aprox 800RPM which you don't want..... But the 4th blade will slow that down. How Much will it slow it down? I don't know?

A 4 blade will give you Stern lift Thats a good thing, as all these Parkers suffer from the Ass end dragging.

You also need to understand a Suzuki. It's geared lower than ANY other outboard on the market due to it's design. With that comes unique proping. Yamaha proping has no business around a Suzuki.... They are different animals and thus need different proping.

Look at Offset Driveshaft and 1st stage reduction.

https://assets.suzukimarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/21102258/SZ_150-175-200-A-AP.pdf

With all that said.... It can swing a larger dia prop.... Think of it as larger tires for more traction. :)

And you went the WRONG way. The 17in pitch will get you on plane Faster than a 19in pitch.

You need more test time with THAT prop. It surprises me on your numbers [5950] I would bet the RPM would climb even higher.
By the way that is known as a "Square" prop wen Diameter and pitch match.

4in of pitch should change RPM aprox 800RPM which you don't want..... But the 4th blade will slow that down. How Much will it slow it down? I don't know?

A 4 blade will give you Stern lift Thats a good thing, as all these Parkers suffer from the Ass end dragging.

You also need to understand a Suzuki. It's geared lower than ANY other outboard on the market due to it's design. With that comes unique proping. Yamaha proping has no business around a Suzuki.... They are different animals and thus need different proping.

Look at Offset Driveshaft and 1st stage reduction.

https://assets.suzukimarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/21102258/SZ_150-175-200-A-AP.pdf

With all that said.... It can swing a larger dia prop.... Think of it as larger tires for more traction. :)
I couldn’t agree with you more. I was GUILTY of not doing enough research on propellers before I repowered my 2005 Parker 2520SL with a white 2019 Suzuki DF300APXX. No bracket, 30” leg on notched transom. Dealership put on a 15.25” x 19 Watergrip that did what it was supposed to in terms of WOT RPMs but the engine was prone to blowing out in turns and had a bad tendency to cavitate when running down hill in a swell.

I swapped out to a 3 x 16 x 17 Suzuki Water Grip and all of the issues I experienced with the 15.25 miraculously disappeared and my milage improved.

Good.... But I have to question YOUR dealership.... THEY don't know or understand Suzuki's. If they did..... That 15.25 X 19 would have Never been installed.... Sounds like they are a Yamaha dealership that just took on Suzuki's. There is a Difference... as I explained above with gear ratio and spinning a BIGGER prop.

Good.... But I have to question YOUR dealership.... THEY don't know or understand Suzuki's. If they did..... That 15.25 X 19 would have Never been installed.... Sounds like they are a Yamaha dealership that just took on Suzuki's. There is a Difference... as I explained above with gear ratio and spinning a BIGGER prop.
It was 5 years ago, small volume dealership who didn’t sell a lot of engines. I suspect they were looking for some Winter work and beat all my other quotes. No big crime, I swapped to the 16 in under a year and have a spare if I ever need a propeller asap. Lesson learned to do my homework better in the future and not count on the “expertise” of the dealership….

This past weekend I noticed that the cavitation plate is still under the water. I was setup wrong from the start. I'm all the way down in the bottom holes. 5950 but the boat was leaning hard while at that speed. I did have a strong current from going up river. I think I need to go up. Not sure how far.

Back