tabs on 21 se w/ swim platform

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruiter

Reaction score
Any 21 se owners have trim tabs with swim platform. I'm wondering if they will fit ok. I'm looking at Bennett 18x9s?

Thanks
Craig

cruiter":14tkkfdm said:
Any 21 se owners have trim tabs with swim platform. I'm wondering if they will fit ok. I'm looking at Bennett 18x9s?
NICE choice!

Contact Bennett Marine customer service - they'll walk you through it, as we will too! I put my Bennett tabs on 12-years ago and have YET to touch them, tweak them, adjust them or re-fill them!

On the full transom 25' I have, all of the screws for the tab planes were into solid glass layup. I still used 3M 5200. I'm not sure of your hull, so hopefully others will chime in with details.

Just make sure to use the RIGHT size tap drill for the body size (not the teeth) of the screws. Drill any thru-hole for tubing/hose oversize and fill with epoxy from www.raka.com (buy their $20 sample kit!) and then drill smaller hole for the size needed ... example, 1/2" drill, coat and fill (duct tape outside) then drill for 3/8" to allow a 5/16" tube/hose to go through.

Adjust sizes for what you need to put thru the hull. Also let the goop of choice setup and DO NOT crank on them and squeeze them too tight before they setup .... !!!! ... or you will have a dry joint! Even though it took an extra day, I did my install one morning with screws secure, but not so torqued as to squeeze out all of the goop. I used fast cure and then did my final hook-up and testing the next afternoon. Zero issues.

Thanks Dale, I'm also looking at the M120s, Think they might fit better. Supposedly they perform as well as larger tabs but I don't know. Any opinion? If I'm going to lose performance I'd rather make the 18x9s fit, even if I have to move some stuf.
Thanks

Supposedly they perform as well as larger tabs but I don't know.

The M120's have a 12in Cord and a 10in width....They are a "Batwing" style tab....The spill plates in the Batwing style hold the water on the plate....Therefore they perform like a 12 X 12....

Go with the 18 X 9's......Now you haven't posted a pix of your swim platform.....I don't know why people don't post more pix's when they are asking questions? We can't know every single boat in our mind.

You may need to cut a half moon in the platform....No big deal if it's a Starboard step.

Back