Thanksgiving Weekend Camping Trip

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose8420

Reaction score
Took the boat out for a camping trip last weekend. They were calling for 5 to 7 foot chop, but I don't think we saw anything more than 5's. I definitely need to get myself a larger anchor for my next trip. The iphone does not do a good job with night shots from a distance.

Attachments

• IMG_3532 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_3532 (640x480).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 184
1801Steve":162d9u37 said:
Pickie question... is that your anchor light or the red running light?

I believe that is my nav light, if the boat shifted on the anchor, it turned green. My anchor light on the cabin roof broke off while unloading my tender from the roof. It was a good thing I left it on, because over night the anchor pulled and the light was the only way I could tell.

moose8420":8kicgp0g said:
1801Steve":8kicgp0g said:
Pickie question... is that your anchor light or the red running light?

I believe that is my nav light, if the boat shifted on the anchor, it turned green. My anchor light on the cabin roof broke off while unloading my tender from the roof. It was a good thing I left it on, because over night the anchor pulled and the light was the only way I could tell.

Well, I never know how much to jump into on the forums I frequent. I am a marine surveyor and investigate boating accidents. Running lights are for boats that are underway. If you are showing running lights while you are anchored then you are in violation of the CG ColRegs. If another boat hits you then you are automatically at fault. You could probably go all your life with running lights at anchor and never have an incident. But still, it's important to know the rules. If you have an accident it will change the rest of your life... So I try to make everyone aware of the importance of knowing what the requirements are for lighting and complying. I guess it's especially important in your part of the world, where it gets dark for a looooong time. :>)

Back