The 2nd Annual CT/NY Long Island Sound Rendezvous 2010

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did it go? We couldn't make it out there without getting beat up. Coming from the west with that stiff East wind was rough. Did anyone make it?

No doubt about it being alittle rough yesterday early on. We took alot of water over the top on the way over, but the way back to Bpt. was nice. Bryan and his entire family and friends came 35 miles with three boats. Maureen and I were the only other folks there. Back in the cove it was calm but pretty noisey until the harbor police told a group near by us to tone it down. Maybe next year we could find a place less congested, maybe up Bryan's way. We had a good time swimming, hanging out with the group and downing a few frosty cold ones. Just too bad more boats didn't show up. It wouldn't have been a comfortable ride in a center console though. You'd have gotten soaked as well as beat up. That's what I love about the PH. Slow down, trim it down, put the wipers on and stay nice and dry inside. I hope Bryan and his three boats headed back early in better conditions than yesterday. I wouldn't have wanted to go 35 miles against that east wind yesterday, PH or not.

Just got back in, lets just say the conditions were very nautical today. :mrgreen:

Thanks to Stonbuster for showing up, nice to see you guys again.

I'll post some pics later after I dry out.

glad it happened. We took a few big rollers that were about 3-4 ft, crashing down hard and said time to turn around. It was due east for us and in the 23 DVCC, it would have taken us over an hour to get there. We didn't leave till 2pm. What time did everyone get there?

LIsound":9l0e06al said:
glad it happened. We took a few big rollers that were about 3-4 ft, crashing down hard and said time to turn around. It was due east for us and in the 23 DVCC, it would have taken us over an hour to get there. We didn't leave till 2pm. What time did everyone get there?
LIS, Hey you gave it a shot at least. It took us about an hour since we decided to slow it down to 12 knots to keep from slamming. We met Bryan and his crew about 1 o'clock in the cove. We ran east to the middleground where we hit one wave on the port side that almost knocked my wife off her seat causing her to ask "What the hell did we hit?" Hard water. Against the admiral's wishes we stopped out at the middleground to drift for some sea bass for about an hour. We got two and fried them up last night with a couple soft shell crabs we got at the dock. Fantastic dinner.
Bryan, Maureen and I were thinking about you guys yesterday when it started blowing and driving rain. We hoped you headed out before the worst of it. You must have had the kids in seat belts if it was anything like Saturday morning. Hope you were able to let that 40 footer flatten out the seas alittle for the two of you. Nice to see you guys again. Maybe next year we can come up your way. Mike

Stonebuster on arrival

HPIM1192.jpg

The small Parker raft :roll:

HPIM1196.jpg

HPIM1195.jpg

HPIM1194.jpg

HPIM1199.jpg

Embarking on our 32 mile trip home.

HPIM1235.jpg

Big and little brothers. Very cool.
Both look squared away.

What model Furuno radar is that?

I think its a 1731.

The previous owner put it on when the boat was new. Its an older unit but still works very well, it is interfaced with the GPS so I get the lollipop heading line on the screen.

Picked up many t-storms on it running home yesterday in the slop.

Hi all :D

Can anyone tell me where the Sand Pit is in Prt Jeff Hbr? It looks like a good spot to take the family from Huntington.

Thanks

You are farrrr better off going straight, getting a slip at the marina, pre-gaming, and then walking dead straight off the dock to the little Jimmy Buffet style bar that will playing reggae and will be filled with about 70 single women.

Back