The wife wanted carpet, what do ya think

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
My wife thought it would be nice if I installed carpet in the pilot house. Since shes a great girl and goes just about everywhere on the water with me, and loves the boat I thought thats the least I could do. So I contacted snapin carpets online which make custome marine carpet. They sent me some carpet samples and told me to make a template and send it to them and they would call me back with a price. I made a template out of that thick paper I use to cover my picnic table when we eat crabs, the kind that comes on a 3' wide roll. After receiving the template they e-mailed me back and said $375.00 so I said do it. I thought I would pass this along because their product looks great to me. What do ya think
PS The wife said to me "now she needs to find matching curtains" I thought I was going to have a fight on my hands but as I turned and looked at her she was smilin and said, only kiddin!

Attachments

• carpet1.jpg
    carpet1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 774
  • carpet2.jpg
    carpet2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 774
  • carpet3.jpg
    carpet3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 774
  • carpet4.jpg
    carpet4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 774
Looks great!
You got it bound too
Nice clean look
To bad you and the fish have to stay out of there now :lol:

HOTPURSUIT":3iwxlm4b said:
My wife thought it would be nice if I installed carpet in the pilot house. Since shes a great girl and goes just about everywhere on the water with me, and loves the boat I thought thats the least I could do. So I contacted snapin carpets online which make custome marine carpet. They sent me some carpet samples and told me to make a template and send it to them and they would call me back with a price. I made a template out of that thick paper I use to cover my picnic table when we eat crabs, the kind that comes on a 3' wide roll. After receiving the template they e-mailed me back and said $375.00 so I said do it. I thought I would pass this along because their product looks great to me. What do ya think
PS The wife said to me "now she needs to find matching curtains" I thought I was going to have a fight on my hands but as I turned and looked at her she was smilin and said, only kiddin!

looks great, but what are the white marks. i have a w.a. so not familiar with the floor of p.h. hope you have good year tinmantoo bel air md.

Great looking job...I think the white marks are the sun shining or reflecting on the carpet.....amazing how good a project like that turns out when you make your own template.

I think if it wears well this year you need to go back for a bulk price and start marketing it. Very, very nice looking!

Thanks for the positive feed back. I've have also gotten private messages asking for more info from those of you that are interested in getting the same. The boat is a 2003 2520XL. attached is the contact info for the company that made the carpet for me. I just got off the phone with them and YES they did keep the template in a file under my name. My first name is Mike.....HUMMM how much do you think I should charge for the last name :)

Customer Service
Custom Marine Carpet LLC
http://www.snapincarpet.com

I sent John Peterson @ custom marine carpets an e-mail with a heads up that he may be getting calls on this, so he knows what template you will be refering to. Good luck just make sure your boat is exactly the same. Thanks Mike

last though, before you try and save yourself some trouble I would definitly place a call to Parker and ask them if the seat pedistals etc are exact from boat to boat and if one template should fit all. Thanks

This project looks great!

We would caution you that all pedestals and jumps seats may not all be in the exact same place therefore we would suggest double checking measurements. The template idea is great so they can go by your setup.

Back