Thinking about Collinite Fleet Wax

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finsup21

Reaction score
Ive been throwing around the idea of using Colloiite Fleet wax to wax my boat this year and wanted to get your opinions. I know there have been a few threads here and there on it. Ive used a variety of different waxes over the years from starbrite to garys and the garys gives it a really nice mirror shine but ive also heard pretty good things about the collinte. Thanks in advance for your input...

I used it for the first time this year on the cockpit and pilot house. It came out great. One thing be sure you don't leave it on long and only do at the most 2 ft sections, if you let it dry forget it your screwed. Bryan2530 uses it every year and swears by it im sure he will chime in.

this is what we use
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/us ... eetwax+885

I switched away from C' Fleet wax years ago and never looked back. 1st off, it never has anywhere near the shine or gloss other finishes can provide. I now use premium acrylics, like Rejex, and find they go on 2-3X faster and last longer.

And since they go on sooooo fast, in-season touch ups or re-dos are no problem. Just 'beach the boat' and have at it ...
beached_204.jpg

That was the stuff I was looking into the one in the tin, but I will look into the rejex ive heard about it but didnt know about too many guys using it. Im probably gonna get to the boat next week ill let you guys know what I wind up doing and how it comes out.

Back