Thinking of an Upgrade ....Advice Please.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys - I've got a 2006 1801 -love it -first boat . I use it in Cape Cod bay and when weather permits around P-town to chase Tuna - that doesnt happen much because of waves and winds .....So its time to say goodbye to my mint 2006 200 hr boat . Its too small -my kids like it but my wife hates it .....I'm thinking 23 ft -25 ft CC - I'd love a 23-25 WA but the 25 ft needs a special trailer permit in Ma ? I'm mostly on it myself so trailering a 2510 or 20 is going to be tough i imagine from the 1801 ....Any advice - Is the 23 going to get me out there on the Tuna grounds - I realize every boat has to pick its days - but the majority 23-25 ftrs can handle most days ....Thanks Eric

Eric,

I went from an 1801 to a 2100 to a 2310 in 3 years. :lol:

The 2100 is 3x the boat the 1801 is and the 2310 is 3x what the 2100 is if that makes any sense. :?

Bottom line, the 2100 will get you offshore on good days, the 2310 will get you out there alot more days and keep you, your crew and your gear drier with all the additional storage.

If you can swing the W/A, I think it's Parker's best model for overall fishability. I fish the 2310 solo and it's easy to launch by myself too.

Eric
I live on the south shore
I go out of Weymouth Port or Scituate Harbor to the bank all the time
I take my 2120 out fishing Cod, Haddock and Pollock and Tuna
I have always felt safe and comfortable
I dont go out to the Bank in 2,3 ft myself but personally I dont think anyone should
I think the wife and kids would love the pilot house in the days you get the spray and cold
I also go up to Gloucester a lot scuba diving and the prevailing wind is always coming at me on the way back
And I got know worries
Lots of room on the 2120 and easy to tow!

Just my 2 cents

Attachments

• 2120 Charles river.JPG
    2120 Charles river.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 410
  • Tuna2010.JPG
    Tuna2010.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 410
  • TunaOn2010.JPG
    TunaOn2010.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 410
Hey thanks for the reply guys ....Question on the WA and SC - I like them a lot and wonder about the fishability because it looks tough to get up around on the bow if your fighting a fish -obviously CC's were designed for this . Looks dangerous to make the step up there in pictures ...Are these boats fishable up there -I know the wife and kids would like the berth . Do you ever sleep on them ?

Eric

I tow my 2510 a lot never had a problem. When I'm fighting fish I never go up front just turn the boat although I seldom fish on the hook. A few pix to share just to brighten up the day!

Attachments

• DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 291
  • dsc_0046.jpg
    dsc_0046.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 386
I have not yet slept on mine .
However I am Cod fishing in December with a Mr Heater in the pilot house and love it
As far as fishing you fish off it just like a Sport Fish style boat
I have also thrown surf caster plugs into the shallows of the North river from the bow
And standing up on the pilot house roof for throwing and see more distance
You catch a fish just walk it back to the cockpit as you bring them in
Kids love diving off the roof at the beach also

Nice pics - How about Dead Rise on these models -most seem to have the deep V 21degree -some have the 14 like my 1801 which gets Pounded in simple chop . I'm looking to chase birds - run and gun tuna and throw topwater plugs at them -jigging too .

Mine is a modified V I put bigger trim tabs on it and it does ok. If I had to do it over I would go deep V for two other reasons bigger fuel tanks and bigger motors I would get

twin 250s just so on the good days I could run too the cannons and keep up with the big boys. But I hold my own out there and Love my Parker

I almost forgot the best part of a modified It makes for a very stable fishing plat form in ruff water. If you are ever at a marina and the wind is blowing look at all the deep V boats and they are rocking around like crazy but a modified V will be sitting still. Less sea sick people.

Back