Thinking of going to 9 x 24 tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmcclellan

Reaction score
OK, seriously considering the upgrade to 9 x 24 Bennetts. Last Sunday went down to the SWC of Stellwagen chasin charlie. It was bumpy and had to stay throttled back to keep my teeth from falling out. Is it really that dramatic of a difference in ride with the bigger tabs ?? I had the 12 x 12's all the way down and it rides somewhat better but still sort of sucks in the bumpy stuff. I'll probably just get the blades and use the existing Lenco stuff.

24x9 Bennetts on mine. Bigger IS better.

DSCN0012.JPG

12 x 30's? that's a lot of tab for a small boat. I have the same CC as well and was considering the 12 x 18's upgrade.

I have no forward seating, so my bow is really light.

Not sure if they make it, but they might do some custom work, but I'd go 9" off the hull to 30" wide. Always go WIDER versus depth off the hull.

can you use all the same mounting holes and ram with the 9 x 24's?
on there now is lenco 9 x 12's

those blades aren't cheap either. $225/ea

FF,

I've always had problems with the hydr tabs. Too be honest, I've never replaced a lenco in the 7 years I've had them. And I use them every trip.
I was hoping for an easy swap of just the blades.

I'll be raising motor up to second from top and changing the rev 4 prop in a couple of weeks. so all this should help, get the bow down.

thanks

do you think they can beat or match $500 shipped?

FishFactory":2o3ladi9 said:
I'm not one to throw money around, but if I can deal w/someone who is always available, very helpful, and actually knows what he is talking about, I tend to stick w''em.

^ That would be Andy @ SIM

Andy at SIM, Jim at BOE...

I agree. Find someone like them who consistently outperform and I'll use them every time. 8)

great, thanks

I don't like spending money I don't have to either. :D

Back