Tips on replacing thru hulls?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photoguy

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing 2 thru hulls on my 2110. The larger (1 1/2 hose) is the drain for the in deck fish/ice box and sits below the water line. The smaller ( 1 1/8 hose) is for the forward bilge pump and is above the water line. Both were showing signs of deterioration from outside of the boat. I've removed them both and am waiting on replacements to be sent. Silicon Bronze for the larger, and to save a few $, plastic for the smaller.They're on opposite sides of the boat btw. I've read a variety of different things about sealing them and Parker's advice was simply a marine grade adhesive. Presumably they're only sealed from the outside? I've also read to snug the nut down 90% and then let the adhesive cure before securing the nut all the way. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

Before:

photo_zps722ab6bb.jpg

photo_zpse4b2c0d0.jpg

Currently:

photod_zps4f15d24d.jpg

photoe_zpsb1f7027c.jpg

Just look back a couple of pages...couple of posts on the same topic. I did both with bronze, found the right ones with barb from WM.

Thanks for that. Any recommendations for a sealant?

Back