Took the sawzaw to my Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KNOT

Reaction score
[No message]

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 974
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 974
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 974
Nice work! 8)

My boat is a standard 2520 (not an XL), but I would love to have a pair of those XL seats.
What I would do is to remove the two captains chairs you see in the photo, and put the XL seats in their place.
Then I would do what you did with the Plano boxes, but I would do it on the back side of those bases and facing the cockpit.

Because I don't have the rear bulkhead to deal with, I could have Plano box storage on both the port and starboard seats.
Someday maybe. :)

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 937
knot, could you follow-up with more detail and in-process pictures if you have them?

Did you build everything, or purchase? Would love to do the same with my boat!!

Ludicrous40":3uyazsrm said:
knot, could you follow-up with more detail and in-process pictures if you have them?
Did you build everything, or purchase? Would love to do the same with my boat!!

I agree.
The more I look at the photos, it appears that the Parker bases were replaced with a commercial cabinet, and then the seats mounted on top.

I would like a pair of those XL bases for my boat, but I would probably replace the seat at the helm with a leaning post pad.
I would leave the seat on the port side for the Admiral, but I'd stuff both of the bases full of Plano boxes. :D

Interesting, I just dropped my 2520xl off at the fiberglass guy this morn. Took both seats out of the port side and having a custom cabinet built that will be full length from bow to stern in the pilot house and loading it with drawers. Was going to try it myself but just not enought knowledge on the fiberglass side. And yes I am having a cushion made to fit the top. Making it basically the same way parker did there's but the full 4'9" length . 15" up for foot rest then 32" overall hight to top of cabinet or bench whatever you choose to call it. Will post picks when I visit.

The tackle station is all starboard,I drew it up and had it built.Here are some more projects.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 716
KNOT":gae8gvdx said:
The tackle station is all starboard,I drew it up and had it built.Here are some more projects.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6
Had to cut the stock seat base to remove it.

Got ya.

If you took the door frame out, the seat base fits. At least it does on the older model 2320.

Back