Tow Vehicle

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardelucas

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2003 Parker 2120 Sport Cabin. I have calculated boat, motor, trailer, fuel, and gear to weigh 5000 pounds. I need to buy a vehicle to tow this boat with. I plan to get a used vehicle either an SUV or small truck. My problem is thjat my garage is rather small and a large SUV or truck will make life miserable in my garage and local covenants restrict trucks left outside.

I would appreciate some suggestions from 2120 owners about what is the best medium sized vehicle to tow this boat with.

Thanks,
Ed Lucas

My buddy just bought one and a traveling boat mechanic has had one for a while. They bought the Chevy Colorado. Supposed to be able to pull at least 5000. My dad has a Honda Pilot but i wouldnt want to tow anything with that i think it has the van chassis although the new one might have the ridgeline which might tow it. I use a 350 diesel long bed extended cab....probably wont make the garage.

My 2120 with trailer, full tank of gas and gear weighs in at #6100.

I've towed her crossing the country east coast to west coast and back again, Mackinac Bridge to AL and points in between with an AWD Mountaineer. Guy in FL asked me if I thought it was strong enuf. I just pointed to the IL plates. I'm a slow driver when towing tho and don't usually go faster than 60. It averaged 11-13 mpg on Interstate trips.

I liked the ladder type truck frame, V8, larger wheels and it fit in my garage.

Have since moved on to an f-150 with the max tow package that barely fits in my garage.

Back