trailer balance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam3

Reaction score
any info on how to balance a trailer I completely rebuilt my trailer it rides good to 55 to60 then it starts to sway a little I was told I should change the forward wait but its a duel axil load rite with a 2310 on it I live in mass if you know any good trailer shops that do this :

Here again..... A full side view pix will tell a LOT!

You need tounge weight. BUT your trailer may actually be to small to move the boat forward?

You move the boat forward [which can peresent you with a whole other set of problems] or you move the axles rearward.

This is why I talk about a FULL length trailer frame and not have bunks cantilevered aft of the rear crossmember.

Look at my pix's here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16500

Post YOUR pix's. :)

I will play with moving it forward I need to get my kids to show me how to post pics how much forward weight is there a percentage or formula and thanx for your response you have helped me many times with your posts

Read this:http://www.gmc.com/trailering-towing/tongue-weight.html

I'm not a GMC fan......but the rules still apply.

just read that it is the info I needed thanks I will move her up on the trailer thanx

sam3":3r9xjo5x said:
im a ford man

20150519_120823_zpsuax9fg0i.jpg

Is your trailer level? Are you using a hitch with the correct drop? If you are towing with to much tongue high angle it can induce the sway at speed. As mentioned by Wart, you tongue weight needs to be adequate, I think in the 250 to 300lb range? Lastly, when you rebuilt your trailer did you replace your axles? If so, are the properly aligned? Make sure they are not in a scrub angle situation. This can cause sway. It doesn't take much as this pic is an over exaggeration obviously. Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 192
Are you using a hitch with the correct drop?

I've been using this for a LOT of years... I removed it from my last truck and cleaned and painted it, then installed on my new truck.

The A$$ end of the truck can sag with weight, but this hitch will keep the trailer level and the weight on each axle even.

tow-n-stow-ball-mount.jpg

Don't know, BUT this one has served me well. :)

Pay attention to the height adjustment of them..... They are sold in different heights..... I had to get the tallest one for my last truck. The truck squatted, but to keep the trailer on the level, it is what I needed. Not so much with this new truck with "Max Tow" on it.

same axils I am going to check the level it looks good but im going to check it with a level I do have a very high hitch to bring it up if it ever stops raining here I can do all this I hope to launch next week thanx for the help I will let you know what I find

Back