trailer for 23 SE Center Console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captnick

Reaction score
I'm buying a 23 SE and need a trailer. What trailers have you SE owners found work well. I'm thinking bunk style right now and the solid I-beam type frame instead of channel iron that rots from inside. I've seen Venture and Load Rite trailers in that style. Dealer says 5K but others have said I could do better. Haven't trailered in many years so any advice is appreciated.

One factor is ramp type. Short and big drop off or long paved pavement?

Nail down now bearings lubrication system.

How far do you travel?
Tow vehicle capacity?

Will boat sit on trailer during storage?

Weight of boat, gear and trailer?

If travelling a lot, upgrade brake controller.

Buy the best tires possible, most are made overseas n don't last but look great til they fail.

Visit as many trailer shops for tips.

May need forward bunks n extra cross members.

Buy a longer trailer to help launch and keep truck out of water.

Search this site and enter trailer

B2

I could write a book on trailers and what dealers sell and what owners / potential buyers do not know and end up buying a trailer to just get by due to price and their unknowing.

1st....You want a FULL length trailer...What is that? It means the I beams go the full length of the hull....Not Bunk's that cantilever 2ft past the rear crossmember.

You want a trailer that will haul 7000lbs for the boat. At bare min. 5in and for that trailer I'd like to see 6in I beam.

LED lights are Not all the same. LED's are a big selling point now....But there is a LOT of JUNK out there.

Using a trailer frame as a ground is done all the time....It's Piss poor and should not be done on boat trailers.

Length of tounge....I like one about 18in longer......Why? On some ramps it helps keep the truck from getting wet. It tows better.

Hi Tech Marine
http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/contact.html

Call and talk to Brad..... Tell him Mako Bobby in Pensacola sent you.

I've steered a Lot of people to them and they are VERY happy. It's a Father/ Son operation and have been in business a long time.

warthog5":uhubymws said:
I could write a book on trailers and what dealers sell and what owners / potential buyers do not know and end up buying a trailer to just get by due to price and their unknowing.

1st....You want a FULL length trailer...What is that? It means the I beams go the full length of the hull....Not Bunk's that cantilever 2ft past the rear crossmember.

You want a trailer that will haul 7000lbs for the boat. At bare min. 5in and for that trailer I'd like to see 6in I beam.

LED lights are Not all the same. LED's are a big selling point now....But there is a LOT of JUNK out there.

Using a trailer frame as a ground is done all the time....It's Piss poor and should not be done on boat trailers.

Length of tounge....I like one about 18in longer......Why? On some ramps it helps keep the truck from getting wet. It tows better.

Hi Tech Marine
http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/contact.html

Call and talk to Brad..... Tell him Mako Bobby in Pensacola sent you.

I've steered a Lot of people to them and they are VERY happy. It's a Father/ Son operation and have been in business a long time.

Concur with high tech! They do a stand up job, whether its modifying and old trailer to custom fit or building a new one. I just dropped off a trailer for a Century 2400 yesterday. They have done a lot of work for me in the past and I have no complaints. However, they are pretty busy this time of year. The trailer I dropped off yesterday will not be ready until June 4th.

Back