Trailer rating.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMarkCA

Reaction score
Good day.

I have a 1996 2320 Deep Vee, sport cabin

The brochure has a dry weight (engine included) of 4000 pounds...accurate?

I figure with 1000 pounds of fuel and another 500 lbs of gear, my full weight should be between 5000-6000 lbs at most.

Why are the trailer stores recommending trailers that have a rating of 8000-9000 lbs? Are they trying to get me to pay more, or this this what most of you would recommend?

Likewise, I'm sure 16" tires would be better, are 15" adequate?

Do any of you know the model numbers on your Pacific or EZ Loader trailers?

Thank you.

I think you need to error on the heavy side. 2120 is 3200 plus motor. For me that's over 600. Plus batteries and gear etc... I consider my tow weight to be around 6K. I'm going to be taking mine on a road trip in the next couple of weeks and I might finially stop at a truck stop and scale it. If I do, I'll post the results.

Stay away from EZ Loader.... I have a older one.... It had a lot of crap on it. Starting with Bearing buddies and not Posi-Lude or Accu Lube spindles. [same thing] I changed all the axles due to that.

Trailers for the length boat are always to short. IE for a boat that is 23ft long you need a trailer for 26-28ft.

Why? Because then you will have a FULL length trailer and not a short framed trailer with cantilevered bunks out the back.

15in tires are fine and easier to find.

On my EZ Loader I redid the Forward Keel Bunks. Previously it had 2 - 3 X 4 galvanized crossmembers to support that system...It pretty much sucked.

I took them out and added 3 - 3 X 3 X 1/4 alum members and built a better supporting system.

I have researched online and the dry weight of the 2320 is without engine. Your boat is probably closer to 6k (engine, fuel and light gear).

My trailer is rated for 6k, no problems yet after 1 year of use.

A-K":1tutos42 said:
I have researched online and the dry weight of the 2320 is without engine. Your boat is probably closer to 6k (engine, fuel and light gear).

Hmmmmmmmm? You've never seen a alum I beam split...... It ain't pretty. They split where the web of the I meet's the lower horizontal plane.

I'm sure your trailer has a pair of 3500 axles under it.

A-K":2iyr38bv said:

Just going by the original brochure which lists it as 4000 lbs with motor. Thinking 1100lbs fuel, another 500 lbs of gear?

I ran my 2320 on an Owens & Sons 7k # with 15 inch tires. My buddy ran his on an 8k # Loadmaster (larger I beams) with 16s. Both got the job done fine. I regularly trailered from St Pete to the Keys (600 mi round trip) with a Ford F150 with no issues.

Back