Trailer rentals?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal

Reaction score
Hi all -

Looks like I have a buyer on my 91 Parker 2110. We plan on a sea trial this weekend and assuming it performs as it should, he is planning on taking the boat.

However, he is travelling about 100m to get the boat and the trailer is concerning. He is worried it will make the drive. I am confident it will but I can certainly appreciate his concern.

We are both looking at options to account for this. One option we are looking at is renting a suitable trailer for him to pull the boat. He is located NW of Baltimore so anywhere between there and here (Southern MD) would be perfect.

I am not finding anything online about rentals.

I do have some friends who would likely let me borrow theirs but it will be in the buyers position and not mine. As such, I am not interested in doing this.

As a last resort, I COULD trailer the boat up there for him but giving that I am in the middle of my own move while helping my parents also move into their place - my weekend time is extremely tight. I will if I must, but I'd be interested in whatever other options exist.

Any idea on what it would cost to haul it that bit of distance?

Last boat I bought (>300 miles away), I had the owner take the boat + trailer to a reputable shop in his area and I payed to have new tires installed, bearings greased etc. I payed with a credit card over the phone, so the owner was never in the middle. If there had been any issue with the trailer, I would have had it fixed then as well (10 year old trailer, decent shape). Money well spent, peace of mind for all involved.

My 2 cents.

The trailer is in need of a good overhaul or replacement. Had I kept the boat, I was going to invest in a new/used one. It's just past its time.

That being said, he plans on keeping the boat at a yard (on a lift) where he can have them dump it when he wants to use it. He simply needs a way to get it up there. As such, he doesn't want to invest a lot of money into something he won't use. I understand that.

I am also looking into having it transported. Not sure of the costs but given my lack of time, it may be an option to look into this and work out some kind of deal with him (split costs, etc.)

Call a local towing co. and strike a deal to have them haul the boat on it's trailer, on a ramp truck to the buyer. Roll it off in his driveway and you're done.

TWOBOATER":2b2yc6qb said:
Call a local towing co. and strike a deal to have them haul the boat on it's trailer, on a ramp truck to the buyer. Roll it off in his driveway and you're done.

Good idea! No need for the involvement of a marina and they can simply roll the trailer onto their lowboy.

Back