tranducer problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gameon2000parker

Reaction score
Having an issue with the 545s garmin unit.When unit is running the tranducer works, after 15 mins or so unit will say tranducer is disconnected and tranducer will stop working.The gps will stay on ,just tranducer will stop working. I have checked all cables and tranducer but everything is fine and unit is brand new.I just wander if its a bad cable wired to tranducer or its something else, dont make sense..i had some bottom paint redone on boat recently and some got on tranducer,but unit says it disconnected after it has be on for awhile even when boat is sitting still out of water...CONFUSED... :(

I had to replace my Airmar transducer on my last boat... My local electronics dealer told me that it is more likely for a transducer to fail than the sounder box. He was right in my case.

To trouble shoot, My local electronics dealer gave me a new transducer to plug in and hold over the side of my boat to see if it was the problem. As soon as I plugged in the new transducer cable, it worked perfectly. Go buy a new transducer for the unit and plug it in and see if it corrects your problem. If it doesnt, return the transducer and call Garmin.

Back