Transducer location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell68

Reaction score
Just was wondering
I currently have a p79 shoot thru ducer installed in my 23 se I am gonna change to b60 tilted element does anybody know where to mount the b60. Is there a formula they use or can it be mounted just about anywhere. Any help will be great thanks Darrell

Hi,
I believe the general rule of them is the dividing the boat in "3" and installing the ducer in the "Center 3rd" of the vessel. Of course, you have to have access to the inside of the hull and the center 3rd of the 23SE might fall under the gas tank. I would find the closest point to the mid-ship from your stern access hatch and approx 12" from the keel with the "arrow" facing the Keel. The key is having room to work with and get a proper wrench on the ducer to fasten.

Best of Luck-

You'll want this transducer in the rear/transom area of your hull. The water is cleanest there.

Mine is mounted about 12" from the transom on the starboard side ( I have a single engine) and roughly 12" from the keel.. I have good access to it from the aft bilge hatch.

One of the best investments I've added to my boat. It gives me a bottom reading at all speeds.

Back