Transom composition??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phumb

Reaction score
Been scanning pages but haven't found anything... I'm going to install a new transom mount transducer and will probably have to "fill in" the holes I have now... Curious how deep the holes may be and if any issues were caused but current mount and also the best way to install the new one...Haven't received it yet or seed the directions for install....Was curious what makes up the parker transom... its a '06 21 se

There are some very good threads on here about adding components to your Parker that are similar to what you are asking. Several people have added transom mount transducers (I think even recently). Also, similar instructions for working with the fiberglass and core are described in things like adding antenna mounts to PH top, adding railing... anything that requires you to screw into your boat. As i said there are a lot of them on here but this is one that is recent by GW204 -
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16522

He is doing several things in this thread but about 1/2 way or so down the thread he removes a transducer and properly plugs the old holes. This would give you a good starting point.

As for makeup of transom, here is thread showing that -
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15707&p=107451&hilit=hole+in+transom#p107451

I also highly recommend you sit down for a couple of hours one evening and review the following thread which pretty much covers anything you may decide to do to your Parker, it's warthog5's thread and very detailed - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419

Good luck

Back