Tried a Rev 4 19" today

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmcclellan

Reaction score
Made a run upriver, against the current and down river with current. 48.3 mph average. ( 49.7 with current) 5800 rpm against current and 5900 with it. trimmed up to about five bars. Had the two boys, three quarters fuel and usual fishing gear and food. Wonder if I would see even better numbers with motor up one more hole? Its currently in the second one.
Put the 17" rev 4 on last week just to double check my old numbers. would get 6100 rpm with ease into the current, into the wind loaded with fuel. Really had to pull back on the throttle to get it to 6000.
Took the Mirage plus off. Liked the speed and fuel numbers but at cruise the engine seemed to have a drone or "throb" to it. It annoyed me so traded back to the 17 rev. Swapped the 17 for a 19 Rev 4.
Try to get out tomorrow and get some numbers to post.

Cruise 4200 rpm. 33 mph. 3.5 mpg. Smooth water. PEGGED IT AT 5900 today into the current. (Those that know the Merrimack river know the current cranks.) Speedo at 49 mph. 2.4 mpg. Six bars on trim gauge and down about five lights on trim tabs. Forgot to look at the gps. Can't believe how far I can trim this thing without it blowing out. Once on plane I keep tapping the trim button and hear/feel the usual rpm, mph increase. Hear a change right around three going to four bars on trim gauge. Keep tapping the switch up to six probably almost seven and rpms go up more. Look at gps expecting speed to decrease due to blow out but it just keeps going up.
The way I load and run my boat I'm thinking I might stick with the 19" Rev 4.
Anyone think I would gain anything by lifting engine up one hole?? Prop really seems to bite. Even taking turns while trimmed way up it doesn't vent or blow out.

jcmcclellan":711dimtx said:
Cruise 4200 rpm. 33 mph. 3.5 mpg. .
Dayum ... nows I needs to sells my cabin boat and get a sea-worthy CC that gets THAT kind of mileage!

43.5 knots on gps, 50 mph on speedo, 6000 rpm, 3/4's tank of gas, ice, fishing gear and two people. Pretty much the way I run. Did 114 mile round trip run today with most of it around 12 knots, 3000 rpm due to crappy seas. Still averaged 2.85 mpg. I think thats pretty good

Back