Trim Gauge Develops Mind of Its Own

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
The trim and trim controls are working perfectly on my Yamaha F150, both at the engine and on the remote control lever, but the trim meter on the square tach gauge has gone berserk. All the black bars are completely filled, no matter the trim angle, and the top bar sort of flashes.

I'm still under warranty, so I am not overly concerned, but...is there some setting that needs attention, or is this strictly an item for the dealer's mechanics to resolve?

Thanks!

Bryan A.":2k4tev7o said:
Does the trim arm move??

I don't know if your 150 is similiar to my 200's but see if this helps you...

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... im+senders

Thanks....that thread was most informative.

I exchanged emails with the service manager at Tri-State, and his guess was "the trim sender is probably sticking or the cam that operates it broke..." I'm not that far from the dealer, so I will let them worry about it!

Every year, I'm happier I've been a Tri-State customer for more than 10 years now, first for storage, then for purchase and repairs and maintenance. I like dealing with the same folks in sales, service, parts, et cetera.

I had mine stick at the same reading, regardless of motor position. Tri State discovered that the little black plastic ring around the motor mount tilt/trim hinge was cracked and had rotated on the tube. Easy to replace.

Harvey and his crew at Tri State are truly experts in their fields.

Dave

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to drop the boat by Tri-State next week...and I'll report back what the problem was.

hakr":3694v28q said:
Every year, I'm happier I've been a Tri-State customer for more than 10 years now, first for storage, then for purchase and repairs and maintenance. I like dealing with the same folks in sales, service, parts, et cetera.

I agree. I have been happy with Tri-States service as well. :wink:

Back