Trim Guages?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan A.":16z7ff0e said:
Now that it is getting towards project season I thought I would bring this up again and see if anyone has suggestions for the job and the best place to buy Yammi parts..

What is the cheapest parts source you guys have found??
I definitly need two new senders

Check with Andy Munao at Shipyard Island Marine (SIM).
[email protected]

He has the best price and availability of anyone I know.
http://www.shipyardisland.com/

Finally got the new trim guage senders in. Got them from Shipyard Island and the price actually wend down from what I was quoted last year. about 150$ for both senders shipped!!!! :D :D :D

Job went pretty smooth, I found it was easier to tie a string to the old ones and use the string to pull the new wires back in. Had to remove the pin connector but that was easy. Here are some pics.

P4120002.jpg

New and Old, you can see the connector removed on the right of this pic.

P4120003.jpg

New one snaked back through all the wire chases without removing any of the hold down screws.

P4120001.jpg

I thought my sender was kaput too, but I realized it was just stuck. I worked it back and forth while soaking it with WD-40 and it worked.

Nice to have a working sender after 3 years of having to glance back at the motor to see where it's trimmed.

That is what I hoped for when I bough the boat but no dice, they were so bad the plastic arm was rounded out and I could not free up the cylinder.

Now I spray them a few times a year with fluid film, so far so good.

Nice to have them, I ran the boat for the first year without them. The gauges allows me to get right back to the settings on both motors that I have learned depending on the RPMs I am turning. Plus my tabs have led indicators too.

I can get 2 mpg with the right trim and sea condition.

It moves freely and arm is not broken
I am not with boat now
I flew home to work Xmas and weekend and doing some research on new fuel issues after replacing the fuel tubes, elbows and asv and thought to address the trim sender during layovers and using an itouch instead of pc
thanks again

The tilt sender does the same on my 225 Yammie. It's just part of the "to do" list. Once a month or so while washing down the boat, I give a shot of CRC electrical lubricant, (BLUE CAN) to the sender and other switches and windless on the boat. I do this probably 4 time during the total boating season. Seems to keep things in working order. I must admit when the sender gets sluggish it's a reminder to do the rest as well. If it freezes completely, be careful not to force it, I believe it will break easily....

I use chain grease in a spray can. It works great but use it lightly. In the extreme cold the grease can become hard. No problems .....Yet. :D

Bryan 2530":2l42ipov said:
Bump for Brent.

You can se the connector and the hole in the bracket in these shots.

Thanks We replaced it today. It was difficult to remove the screws and lubed them with grease during reinstall. I purchased from Andy at SIM $91 for 02 Yam 225 hp
The arm from old unit was fine but the spring broke or corroded to bits

Bryan the third picture you posted, to the left of the pull string you put in, the harness with the orange,black,white, and grey wire what does that connect too, its unplugged on my motor and cant find where it goes

Back