True draft numbers of 23 se vs. 2300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoFish

Reaction score
I am going to pull the trigger on a 23se or a 2300, but i am looking for some real world draft numbers on these two boats. I am a backcountry fishing guide here in the Florida Keys and draft is a concern. A huge concern! If the 2300 deep v really draws 15 inches loaded with fuel, gear and 4 anglers and myself then thats the boat for me. If not Ill go with the 23 se, Im leaning towards the deep v for the ride and the full transom. I would love the 23 se with a full transom but I guess they don't do that combo. Also does anyone know if they will build the boat with a smaller fuel tank than the rather large ones that they presently build into the boat. a 70 gallon tank would suit my needs so much better.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Matt Bellinger
Bamboo Charters
http://www.IslamoradaFishingFun.com

Matt,

I own a 2300 DVCC and also down in the Keys,remember to take into consideration that the 23 DV will need a 250 HP to really move,the 23 SE you can get away with a 200 or 225 and you will save on fuel,as for draft,I can't help you there but if Flamingo is in your agenda,then the 23 SE is your boat,I love my 23 DV.

Robert

Robert thank you for your reply. I run a 24 Yellowfin bay and a 24 Pathfinder bay as charter boats in Florida Bay and heavily around Flamingo, I like the idea of having the deep V 23 for offshore and Florida Bay. If the 23 DV really draws just 15 inches it will be great in the Bay as well as offshore. I like the full transom and dive platform on the 23DV and will be going with a 250 HP. This boat offers the best of both sides of the island chain for me and my charters service.

Thanks again
Capt Matt Bellinger

Matt,

You will love the 23 DV with the closed transom and the 250 HP,if you are buying new as I did back in 2006,the tabs are too small (OEM 12 x 12),I changed just the blades to 12 x 18'S very big differance,also put a Rev 4 prop so that I could get stern lift as that 23 DV sits heavy,great boat for diving because of the platform,very spacious and a beast at fighting waves.

Robert

Hi Matt, I listen to your fishing rpts when I am down there. I owned the same boat as Robert (23dvcc) and now have the same in a PH version. Sitting out on the WH sandbar and looking at the stern underwater, i'd say 15-18 inches is pretty close. With your other boats I'd go for the DV. It likes weight fwd, and like Robert said big tabs and a stern lifting prop like the rev4 17 for running heavy or a 19 for running medium loads. 155 gal tank but who says you have to fill it up. good luck.

I have 2011 23 sl pilot house, 225/w stock prop(17-t). I run on Lake Erie 1-3 chop 4 people 75gal gas+ ice& equipt, the day we were out 4100rpm 30mph 10.8gph. I also am running factory tabs. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND a suspension pedestal, got one love it.

Hey, Jim

I saw you pull in to the VA ramp just as I was going out Friday morning. Nice boat.

Matt

Saw your post and went to the driveway to measure mine I get 18in to the stain line which is 1 inch below top of black bottom paint As you know this will vary with how it's rigged and loaded

95 dv with 200 hpdi , platform , 155 gal tank which I keep 3/4 full and both batteries in the transom

Hey Matt, I'm in a (new to me) 2007 23se w/hard top, and 220HP 4-stroke Yami. Specs say it has 10 in. draft , dry. With full load of 100gal. fuel, 2 or 3 people and all gear, I can move along in 1.5 ft of water, trimmed up to max (still peeing out water) and balancing my people load around the console. Being on a tidal creek in central NJ, off the Manasquan River, with 4ft. tidal range, I need shallow draft to come and go. There are 5 other modified hull Parkers on this creek. The deep vee hulled Sea Boss (about 24 ft.) has a shorter time to come and go by at least 40 minutes on most tides. I also go in back bay areas I am familiar with, but only at steerage speed. PS, I carry a push pole velcrowed under gunnel, just in case.

I am very happy with this boat, and it rides very well in ocean inshore in varied conditions, and have been 20+ miles off in Hatteras, but I pick my days. I recommend the 23se highly.

GoFish":lylv30yy said:
I am going to pull the trigger on a 23se or a 2300, but i am looking for some real world draft numbers on these two boats. I am a backcountry fishing guide here in the Florida Keys and draft is a concern. A huge concern! If the 2300 deep v really draws 15 inches loaded with fuel, gear and 4 anglers and myself then thats the boat for me. If not Ill go with the 23 se, Im leaning towards the deep v for the ride and the full transom. I would love the 23 se with a full transom but I guess they don't do that combo. Also does anyone know if they will build the boat with a smaller fuel tank than the rather large ones that they presently build into the boat. a 70 gallon tank would suit my needs so much better.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Matt Bellinger
Bamboo Charters
http://www.IslamoradaFishingFun.com

Capt Matt...

A call to the factory might be a good investment. The folks there are knowledgeable about their products and can give you real world advice.
They could also tell you if they will build a 23SE with a full transom (or why they don't), and answer your question about the fuel tank too.
252-728-5621

Good luck!

Back