Twin 250 4 strokes/on 2510DV?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic

Reaction score
Looking at a 06 2510/DV/WA. It has 06 250 four strokes. Wondering if this is two much power for this boat, in terms of weight on the stern and fuel economy? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.760-917-0357.Nic.

Wow, I would think that's too much weight and a lot of unnecessary horsepower.

Parker hulls are simply not designed for high speeds.

The Parker site lists twin 200s as an option which is the same weight as twin 250s or 225s. But the 250's are 100 hp more than recommended. Is that an issue? I don't know.

The 25 DV hull is a fantastic, go anywhere boat. The 250s are awesome engines.

Thanx guys, the 250's weigh 605lbs, compared to the 450lb., 150's. I was wondering if the extra 300lbs of engine, 65gallon bait tank/fuel tank fuel would be to much weight on the ass end, ie: scuppers? Also was wondering if i could just run those engines at a lower RPM to get better fuel economy.

You can remove bottom paint but if it was done right there should be a barrier coat beneath. You would have to sand down and buff out and would be a major undertaking. I would re-paint and roll with it.

I have the 225's on my 2530. You definately notice the weight but you can overcome it with bigger tabs, different prop. Also, my biggest concern is that because of the size of the cabin of the 2530 the fuel tank seems like it is further back than the standard cabin. So I think with the walkaround it should be more forward. With the 250s though you can definately overcome the weight. My only concern is that with my boat loaded up you dont plane off til 27mph or so. But depending on where you are you might be able to get away with it. or maybe you wont load your boat as heavy. Id say go for it.

Thanks guys, headin out to virginia in the morning to buy that boat. I'll report back in a few weeks with my experiences with the twin 250's on this 2510.

I didn't ask, but i'm pretty sure its a DV. And yes, its that repo.

Take a month and drive it back!! :lol: If you are hauling it back yourself bring a floor jack and some tools to re-pack those bearings! You can probably get seals and bearings locally if needed. But I would be prepared. Good Luck, looks like a sweet boat! Set up for downriggers too!

If you exceed the max recommended HP you may find difficulty in insuring the boat. If it is a DV the max would be 500HP, but if it is a 16 degree deadrise or less, the max would under 500HP. I would also be concerned about the weight back there.

NIC: I saw on Bloodydecks.com that your selling the engines to that boat already and you mention in your add that the boat is overpowered.

Can you tell us about the performance?

Thanks,

John

Hey guys. Just got off the plane back to San Diego from Virginia. I bought that 2510. Boat, motors and trailer are very nice, a reel score. Engines only have 400hrs. The boat will be out here on Saturday. I'm going to run her around for a week or so and see how the fuel economy is. I think i will probably be selling the twin 250's and buying some 150's. Not sure yet, but i think the 250's might be a little heavy for the boat, Big bait tank, Lots of ice/beer. I'll report my findings next week, to be cont.

Back