UnderPowered motor ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussPar

Reaction score
Is a Yamaha 225 4 stroke sufficient power for a Parker 2310 DV WA or would a 250 be necessary ?

Thanks

IMHO your prop choice and tabs are the bigger solutions. As is, the F250 doesn't generate 250 ponies without higher octane fuel per Yam's own tech data, otherwise she's only a ~235hp motor.

The F225s appear to be a bulletproof, quiet, and darn reliable motor! With the right prop equipped, so you'll only be 200-300 (no more than that) off the maximum rated RPMs @ WOT ... and with good tabs, you'll be fine.

But I don't own that hull/motor combo, so I sure hope others chime in. FWIW, many here have added WIDER tabs in place of the woefully (IMHO) too small stock Lenco trim tabs. Wider tabs make a PHENOMENAL difference and improve your fuel efficiency by 20% or more over stock tab planes.

I have a F225 on a 2510 MV with painted bottom and it will due 38-39mph. I think the DV 2310 would be close to the same. A 250 would probably get a few more mph. 225 should be fine IMO

Thanks for the input guys . It sound like I'll have no trouble with the 225

When does the 300 hp variation of the 225-250 come to market?

FishFactory":23nq5uli said:
Excepting WOT, you'll never know the difference other than better MPG, TTP and quieter w/F-225.

Pretty darn close anyway. Bob Sterns, noted boating writer once tested the same hull with a 90, 115, & 130 and the 115 was within 1mph of the 130 @ best cruise and about 3-4 < @ WOT. Same for 90 to the 115hp but the 115hp gave better all-around OOMPH when needed.

There are 225hp and 250hp versions of the 300hp design too. I can't help but suspect the current F-series v6s will be going bye-bye.

Just need a 200 to round the lineup out. Maybe that will come from applying the same technology to an I-4 block? i.e. ~F150

edit: Scratch that I forgot they have the freshwater, bass boat version of the 4.2 in a 200hp version.

FishFactory":2zlwttd4 said:
The new Yamaha 300 V-6 is due around May (?)

It is not a variation of current F200-225-250. It's all new 4.2 liter block, lighter and faster than the hot-rod HPDI 2 strokes.

8)

I read somewhere it was the same block at the f225- f250, but the cylinders are sleveless causing the larger displacement. I actually saw the f250 sho today in person, not that it looks that much different.

Back