Underwater lights?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmeggers

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice as to LED underwater lights on a 23se?

If possible, without adding a 3rd battery, I would like to put some on before the boat goes back in for next summer.

Has anyone ever seen a 23se with them? LEDs draw very little power, so I do not think the power would be an issue...

Amphibians from ocean led are good lights and dont require big holes in the boat. I would think 2 A6s would be a good amount of light for you. Green or blue color. green looks better in murky water. Not cheap. There are other brands out there too but thats my vote.

I had got lites from a guy from the hull truth web-site that the lites were very very well made for my 2120 sc.but there are so many companies that make them these day he was not expensive at all either.

Jim Maier of BOE Marine had LED underwater and deck lights on display during the Annapolis boat show, but I don't recall the brands.
Might want to give him a call and ask what he has available.

866-735-5925 toll free

pmeggers":gqj5r4u4 said:
Does anyone have any advice as to LED underwater lights on a 23se?

If possible, without adding a 3rd battery, I would like to put some on before the boat goes back in for next summer.

Has anyone ever seen a 23se with them? LEDs draw very little power, so I do not think the power would be an issue...

I have Ocen LED 1520's (Blue) on my transom. Awesome lights, they throw a long beam, some are bright but do not penetrate that much water. I have had them 2 years, trouble free and low power draw.

Thanks....yeah I dont want to put them on and not have them 'light it up' bigtime

We do some night shark / tuna action but to be honest the dock appeal is where it's at haha

http://coastalnightlights.com/ I have four of his double long greens on the back of my 2520. They put out a ton of light, draw very low amps and they will not break the bank. The lights are very well constructed and easy to mount. Oh yea and the Tuna love em see :D

Jason.

Attachments

• big tuna.jpg
    big tuna.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,070
jjjansk":uhjbrivk said:
http://coastalnightlights.com/ I have four of his double long greens on the back of my 2520. They put out a ton of light, draw very low amps and they will not break the bank. The lights are very well constructed and easy to mount. Oh yea and the Tuna love em see :D

Jason, Do you have any photos of your transom showing the lights?
I'm trying to decide how many lights I need, and how (and where) I would mount them.

No I don't, give me a couple of days and I will take and post some. I have been meaning to post pics of all the projects we have done.

jjjansk":f526rxks said:
give me a couple of days and I will take and post some. I have been meaning to post pics of all the projects we have done.

Great. Thanks!

:shock: Look at those endangered red snapper!

great catch

just waiting for the pics of the lights.

thanks

Here are a few of pics of the lights from coastalnightlights.com. In the water the lights produce a 50ft to 70ft halo of light around the back of the boat.

Attachments

• Boat '09 024.jpg
    Boat '09 024.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 801
  • Boat '09 025.jpg
    Boat '09 025.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 802
  • Boat '09 026.jpg
    Boat '09 026.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 802
  • Boat '09 027.jpg
    Boat '09 027.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 802
a few more

Attachments

• Boat '09 001.jpg
    Boat '09 001.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 794
  • Boat '09 002.jpg
    Boat '09 002.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 794
  • Boat '09 003.jpg
    Boat '09 003.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 794
Nice pipe work up top. Bet you can sleep a couple of crew on B- bags up top, on those overnite tuna trips to Boomvang. Ha!
These lights are too easy to install, built well, not too expensive, and lots of people are using them. There are other lights on the market, but most are considerably more expensive. After some research on what color to purchase, green was determined best for our application-fishing.
Thanks, Sam J.

Jason ! :D
That is one nice rig :eek:
And I Love.....the green :lol:
Great Job

Wow... Nice install!
How difficult was it to route the wiring through the bracket?

Very easy install, we used the bracket mounting bolts as a guide for where we should drill. We drilled from inside the bracket into the boat. The complete install took my brother and I about 3hrs.

You have the option of wires out the top or out the back, wires out the back make for a much cleaner install.

Back