Underwater lights?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ReelyNauti said:
Did u route wires inside to top of bracket/up high? Yes the wires run through about 10inches from the top of the bracket.

What size fasteners ? (the hull is about an 1 1/8 thick ?) I think they are 1/4inch, the lights are predrilled, and if I remember right the transom is about 3 inches thick.

What size hole did u drill for wires? just bigger than the wire, 1/4inch I believe.

What did you fill wire hole with?5200? 4200?silicone? 5200.

As projects were brainstormed, and implemented, for this 2005 2520 DV, "The Tripple J." It became apparent the small toothpaste tubes of 5200 would not suffice. Purchased in the caulk size tubes, 5200 would be used in virtually every addition to the vessel. Also all wood screws and non thru bolt fasteners employed by Parker would be replaced with thru bolt fasteners with locking nuts and or 5200 would be used in conjunction with the factory wood screw. ie- All wire looms secured to the transom with wood screws were backed out and resecured in the same hole but this time with 5200. 3/16 stainless is the preferred quality of hardware used. The first hole to be drilled was in the bottom of the boat 2 1/8", the Airmar thru-hull transducer for the Furuno 582L. Once this was done it was really not that big of a deal to drill holes in your brand new fishing boat. The most un-nerving was the twin live wells 13" by 30"s, we mounted in the stern of the boat. We fish the Gulf Of Mexico making long runs for tuna and other fishes. This body of water is rough 90% of the time. There is no doubt, Parker builds a quality boat because we have truly tested their claim to fame. Pictures to come of projects completed on "The Tripple J."

Back