Unexpected Citation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
Went out with the admiral another couple to just dink around. After witnessing the hordes of boats surrounding any bait ball to be seen along the beach and the crowds everywhere else, we headed out to a near shore wreck thinking we'd relax and just float enjoying the day away from everyone else. Ran across a huge bait ball 3 miles out in 40'. The girls got a huge kick out of it as they hadn't ever been on top of one that big in water so clear. We worked it hard for 1 short cobia (32"), one big (5') shark that shot out, grabbed my jig and bit me off after streaking off 100 yds just under the surface. Very cool run, wish I could have got it closer. And was very surprised by this nice 42" drum. Was sure it was my keeper cobia, but I'm not complaining.

Attachments

• rz_IMG_0940.jpg
    rz_IMG_0940.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 419
Very nice fish Mark. What day was that? I made a quick run out to the Indra at AR330 on Sat. The water was beautiful and you could actually see the wreck from the deck. Looks like a great day for you. I'll definitely PM you so we can buddy boat out to the stream when my timing in town corresponds with a good weather window.

Saturday. I had committed the weekend to the wife and figured I'd only be knocking around and didn't expect any 'good' fish. The other lady does not do very well in the best of conditions so we were heading to the barge wreck to get away from the crowds. Even with nice conditions, she still got a little woozy a couple times. We pulled a bunch of short BSB, some decent sea mullet and small sharks off the wreck.

Back