VHF Radio - Antenna

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman

Reaction score
My VHF radio can receive very well but only transmit over very short distances. Using a continuity meter it placed on lead on the center post of my connector and the other on the outside and it read that I had a completed circuit. I have been told that this meant that I had a dead short in my antenna. Does this sound correct?

To properly test a VHF antenna, you need a SWR meter MADE FOR VHF frequencies. See this post here:

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=6733

167-ART2.jpg

I have one I could lend you, but I'd need a deposit beforehand. That said, your only outlay would be postage BOTH ways. If interested, send me a PM. I'll send you my address, you put check for $100 in ... once it clears - you get the meter, when done, return the meter ... and you'll get back $100 minus what it cost me to send the meter out to you.

salbrent":bh8nfzwl said:
That price is a STEAL!

FWIW I paid $80 years ago when the Art-3 was new. Wasn't trying to gouge anyone nor make any $$ off of anyone, rather was just trying to "cover myself" and avoid any hassle ... as I just hate it when I loan out tools and they don't come back ... ;)

jcmcclellan":1g30rw1s said:
100 seems reasonable. 35 for a new one and the rest to cover the aggravation factor. I like it. :)
Clearly you didn't read my post above this one :roll: ...

jcmcclellan":nbkel06w said:
100 seems reasonable. 35 for a new one and the rest to cover the aggravation factor. I like it. :)
Clearly you didn't read my post above this one :roll: ... so I'll forget that an apology ;) is due.

Back