Want to buy 21SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hinmo

Reaction score
But first! How do they handle chop?? - I will be running Buzzards Bay Ma. I will not head out in 3-4 ft chop, but even on days that start fair here, you usually encounter chop at some point. Is it a serious detractor from the boat? One boat's owner I am talking to says they are great in 3 ft chop.

I see several for sale around my town, also, several on this site.

Anything to look at on a2002 OX66 yammie? Ethanol?

opinions pls

And - whats everyone hae for sale?

Thanks

You will have no issues in chop with the 21SE however, make sure you have trim tabs. That is what makes the ride smooth. OX66's are great running engines. I am running a 225 OX66 and it has been flawless. Check the compression and definitely run the boat and make sure it performs well at all rpm ranges.

I have that year 21se with a 200 ox66. No problems at all with the motor. I run in the Gulf from SW Florida. When our seas are 3 to 4 feet I sleep in. Two to 3 feet I stay near shore, 3 to five miles out. Two feet or less 25 miles is about my limit. The modified "V" does pound and trim tabs help a lot. The boat will take the beating in rough seas but my body won't. Its a great boat but don't stretch its limits.

Snowman":1zw26aps said:
I have that year 21se with a 200 ox66. No problems at all with the motor. I run in the Gulf from SW Florida. When our seas are 3 to 4 feet I sleep in. Two to 3 feet I stay near shore, 3 to five miles out. Two feet or less 25 miles is about my limit. The modified "V" does pound and trim tabs help a lot. The boat will take the beating in rough seas but my body won't. Its a great boat but don't stretch its limits.

This pretty much matches my experience with the 21SE as well in the GOM. Great boat for fishing inshore and nearshore most of the time, offshore on the right days.

Back