Washdown Install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishPimp

Reaction score
Another accessory I wanted to add this year was a washdown system. I purchased the Shureflo Bait Sentry last year with this item in mind. And after reading about them here I decided to to go with the grocco pump and grocco strainer. I plumbed the washdown intake off of my Livewell pump.
I decided I didn’t want the hose permanently attached so I went with a jabsco flush mount fitting plumbed to my port lazzarrette. The hose gets stored in the bilge area. The pump and strainer is mounted on starboard on the fore wall of the bilge area. I think I am going to rewire it again in the spring to protect the electrical connections more than it is now. Overall the water pressure is pretty good once the pump and hose is charged with water. However I thought it would be much stronger than it is now. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• bilge.jpg
    bilge.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 541
  • hose-connection.jpg
    hose-connection.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 541
  • groccowashdown.jpg
    groccowashdown.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 541
  • lazzarrette.jpg
    lazzarrette.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 541
  • grocco-strainer.jpg
    grocco-strainer.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 541
  • washdown.jpg
    washdown.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 541
However I thought it would be much stronger than it is now. Any suggestions?

My first guess is you are not getting enough water off the livewell intake. You may want to add a dedicated intake for just the washdown pump.

Or a seachest like the 3420. :D Love that feature.

DSCN0122.JPG

You might want to test the flow using a short section of conventional garden hose.
Those coiled hoses are quite small (in diameter) and have a good bit of friction loss due to the coils.
At least you'd know if the low flow was due to a restricted intake or discharge, and you could modify your installation accordingly. :wink:

All that 'exposed' wiring is just asking for trouble. FWIW I use 3M 5200 when attaching crimp connectors to wiring in the bilge.

Crimp as usual with dielectric grease on the tinned wire, then put LONG length of adhesive-lined heatshrink down the wire, then put dab of 5200 where connector meets the wire, then bring up the ad-HS and secure in place with a hair dryer or heatgun (both work better than matches or lighters).

Then on that EXPOSED buss bar ... once items are secured in place & liberally coated with dielectric grease ... literally 'paint it' and cover with liquid e-tape. A few thin coats allowed to dry in between is better than 1 thick gobby coat ....

Back