Washdown Pump 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMarkCA

Reaction score
Where did most of you install your wash-down pump on a 2320? I don't think the exterior of these pumps would hold up to saltwater, so what about under the cabin floor, is that a good place to install a petcock and pump?

MikeMarkCA":j2b6ii3h said:
Where did most of you install your wash-down pump on a 2320? I don't think the exterior of these pumps would hold up to saltwater, so what about under the cabin floor, is that a good place to install a petcock and pump?

Not sure what year you have but the years similar to mine have them in the bilge I believe? At least the Petcock anyway. I think they use one of these pump/filter combo units. On my 2120, they mount that in the port Jump seat. If you have the closed transum 2320 then it's probably in the bilge. Either way, I would mount the pump in the bilge if you can so that it is below the water line or as close to that as you can get. See pic of my set up, Petcock location at least would be similar.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 221
Thanks for replying. My '96 I don't think ever had a wash-down hose, I can find no evidence of one, nor does it have a petcock that I can see.
I would like to mount the hose on the cabin since I will be washing down towards the back of the boat, so either I mount in the bilge and run the hose to the cabin, or install the pump under the cabin and run the plumbing straight up. Having just bought the boat I am not sure how easy it will be to run the hose forward to the cabin?

Back