water /fuel separator

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micheal J

Reaction score
Question for the group.

As I change out my Racor S3213 filter I notice there is a lot of corrision not only on the assembly where the fuel lines come in ,and out,but the bottom bowl part as well.

I would like to get a plastic bottom bowl,with a drain for the water,and I also have a sending unit to an alarm for excessive water so I would need that as well.

I wouldnt mind going stainless with the top part of the assembly to possibly get more then 4 years out of it.....or is that about right for an aluminum assembly,and bowl in a bilge area? I clean ,and vent my bilge all the time to try to prevent these issues,but this thing is lookin bad.

I run a 06 Yammi F200 with 800 hrs on it now.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks.
MJ.

There seems to be a debate on the plastic bowl in the bilge of boats with outboards. Personally, I don't see a problem. With an inboard, that's another matter.

I have an aluminum Racor base, but I spray it liberally with Boeshield to keep the corrosion down. Otherwise, you can use a Stainless one quite easily.

I use the racor with the clear bulb on the bottom. I never had a problem with it. I change the filter every year and usually change the clear bulb every 2-3 years, because i get worried about the ethanol eating the gasket around the drain on the bottom. I like to be able to see whats in my fuel and drain that every so often. just my .02

Back