Well Just recieved this E-Mail!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith FDNY

Reaction score
Well i just recieved this E-mail!!!Just to post and let us parker owners know about this!!

It has just been announced today at the Miami Boat Show that Grady White has won the J.D. Power & Associates award for highest customer satisfaction for the SEVENTH year in a row in the coastal fishing boats 17-28 ft. category. Come see me and get your's. Thanks!
Bill Smith
Norfolk Marine
2100 Marina Shores Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
757-481-9455
[email protected]

??????????? This is nothing new. Obviously those voters have never been on a Parker! I believe GW was also voted as the most over glamorized, over priced and the "stuffiest" boat out there.
:wink:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, switch to decaf please.

I think that is crazy,I would like to know how the figure this stuff out!!!But anyway i am a Happy Parker owner!!!

Gradys are great boats, but the J.D. Powers surveys are nonsense.

I think everyone here researches their choices, and chooses their boats based on many factors. Few care about JD Powers, or any advertising media. And once we choose our boats, Parker or not, we don't need to feel validated in our decisions. We love instead to learn more HERE how to improve our boats, no matter what they are.

I love Whalers, Parkers, Grady's, and probably whatever boat I end up buying (renting) until the next one :wink:

I am much more concerned, to be truthful, on how I will splash my Parker 21SE off her trailer in six weeks or so, by myself, off her trailer, for the first time. My only other trailer launching experience has been in 2007, with ny 11' Whaler, and I think this will be harder.

I hear that the manufacturer has to spend a lot of time schmoozing with the J.D. Powers folks to make it to the top of the list. In other words, ignoring them, doesn't get you anywhere.

As for me, my Parker will always be at the top of the list regardless of what some paid survey outfit claims.

Dave

aka

Kind of like the Renault Encore being Car and Drivers car of the year in 1983. What was that all about :?

"The Alliance appeared on Car and Driver's Ten Best list for 1983 and was the 1983 Motor Trend Car of the Year."

Hey Foggylink, THAT IS SOME FUNNY S*&T!!!! :lol: To be honest we all know that Parker doesn't exactly go out of their way to advertise and SHMOOZE the central BIG WIGS! That is one of the reasons i like them so much! They strictly rely on the quality of their product and the satisfaction of their customers to keep them in business. I for one Keel Hauled a Grady 258 on the way back from the Gulfstream last year in 3-5's. Love my BEAM!!!!

I believe that this web site, and the owners who participate in it, are a more compelling reason to choose a Parker. :wink:

Having said that, I'd also have to say that I don't have a lot of faith in JD Powers or his opinions.

My past experiences with JD lead me to believe they buy into the hype and serious schmoozing. I had a problem with a phone service provider years ago who was consistently rated the best by them. After I complained to JD they said it was the first negative thing they had ever heard.

sure, and the NY fluke limits are based on science, not politics too.

Having owned both a Grady and a Parker, I can comment on both boats. The Grady was a 226, the Parker is a 2520XL They are both great boats.

The fit and finish on a Grady is terrific, for the most part. The hardware is top-notch. The durability is pretty good. The usefulness (cubbies, stowage, seating, etc.) shows lots of thought and engineering. Oh yeah, and they cost a bunch. So, does it deserve to be number one? Of its type, yes. Plus, they sell more than Parker, so they have a larger number of respondents to the Power survey. And, since those folks spent so much money, often you will find that they will be hesitant to bash the purchase and admit that they wasted their money.

That said, do I love my Parker? Yes. For totally different reasons. It's got a dance floor for a cockpit. I can fish longer seasons more comfortably. It's cooler in the summer inside the pilot house. It's more customizable (is that even a word?) It's a workhorse.

Do I wish I still had the Grady? Sometimes. It had a better ride. I could tow inflatables easier. I could seat people more easily. It was more maneuverable (being smaller helped). But would I give up the benefits of the Parker? Nope.

So, what's the problem? People fish Grady White boats, so they're in the same category as Parkers. We'll lose every time. There just aren't enough of us.

But when the rain's coming down and the mercury dips into the low numbers, where are all the Grady's when the Parkers are still running to the fishing grounds? Yup, snug in their slips with their JD Power stickers on the windshield.

I'd rather keep the view to the horizon uncluttered, thanks.

There are four new Department of Wildlife boats sitting in the lot at Parker right now. So the government must be a satisfied customer as well:) It is always interesting to see what is in the lot at the factory.

Back