Went to see my first Parker today!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stork

Reaction score
It was a 28 with twin 250's. Beautiful boat... Thanks Mike!
I was pleasantly surprised by the size of that cockpit! and the PH was very comfortable. Usually when you see and read things on paper (or the computer) when you go see them in person you get let down a bit. But not here! the 28 is a great boat... built like a tank. I can't wait to go out in it and see how she handles (Mike was kind enough to offer a ride next time she is in the water).
Only one thing stood out and that was storage space. But no big deal, that can be worked around and besides I have to teach myself not to take soooo many things with me on a trip.
Next step: I need to walk around inside a 25... so Question here:

Is the cabin size and height on the 28 the same as in the 2520? from pictures they look the same. I fit very well in the cockpit with a little over an inch to spare so I am good to go on the 28 but its the 25 that I can afford.
There is one here in Miami that I am going to poke around in next week but I wanted to know either way before I go.

Anyway, I am sold on the design so this will be my next boat... now its time to do my research.
Robert

Yes the dimensions show the same, but I was wondering if part of the cabin was different (bulkhead, berths, etc) or is it basically the exact same layout just that the 28 is 3feet longer than the the 2520...

For the 25 they have posted this:

Pilothouse: Tinted windshields & windows, with anodized aluminum frames, headliner, overhead lighting, ladder back chairs w/cushions & footrests, companion seats, interior storage and grabrails.

For the 28 they have this:

Pilothouse (59"l, 82"w, 77" hdrm): Tinted windshields & windows, with anodized aluminum frames, headliner, overhead lighting, ladder back chairs w/cushions & footrest, companion seats, interior storage and grabrails.

Since there is no dimensions for the Pilot house on the 25 I was wondering about height etc.

I printed out the drawings on the web site and by placing them side by side you can see that they are the same... So I guess I answered my own question.

But now I have one more!
When was the interior bulkhead changed from the big hole plus curtain to a closed bulkhead with a small swing door hatch?

Thanks!

Sounds like a plan! Still looking at the 25 but I knew the second I saw the 28 before the 25 I was going to have a dilemma! Anyway thanks for the heads up... lets see how things go...
Robert

Back