Went to the boat show....GLAD i bought a Parker!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Went to the OC boat show last weekend. Lots of fun seeing and climbing on so many different boats. My son enjoyed himself too. His favorites were the boats with lights under the hardtops and the Parker pilot house boats. "look dad, it has two steering wheels!"

Other than being impressed with the storage on the Gradys and overall space and finish on the giant World Cat I was pretty unimpressed. Climbed on Hydra Sports, Maycrafts, etc, etc. and came away very impressed with my older Parker.

Finish on the Gradys was certainly nice enough (too on the WC) but not really 'better' than the Parker really. Really wanted to climb on the 232 Fisherman (did i get that right?) but it was sold. Too bad as it looked very nice.

Left the show with a trotline setup (can not WAIT for summer!) and a general feeling of contentment with my boat. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at other brands when i was searching so was wondering if i'd say 'oh no, shoulda bought a .......', but no! Good stuff!

I still like to go see the new boats too, but like you... I always seem to compare everything else to my Parker.
I'm also quite content with mine.

So did the price of new boats (any of them) shock you?
They did me. :shock:

Definitely didn't get the impression that dealers were looking to give boats away. Did hear there were quite a few sales though.

Actually saw a $50k pontoon boat. And i don't mean glass hulled deck boat, i mean pontoon boat :shock:

Attachments

• parker.JPG
    parker.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 538
  • parker 2.JPG
    parker 2.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 538
jacksdad":3o8wld4t said:
Actually saw a $50k pontoon boat. And i don't mean glass hulled deck boat, i mean pontoon boat :shock:

For 50k, I hope it came with a wet bar and a hot barmaid. :shock:

vinyl captains chairs with lots of stuffing and fake wood around tacky looking speakers.

Back